Texas Health Resources Patient Care Tech - PT Nights in Bedford, Texas
Texas Health Harris Methodist Hospital Hurst-Euless-Bedford is seeking for a Patient Care Tech for Part Time employment in Emergency Department.
The address is 1600 Hospital Parkway, Bedford, TX 76022.
Salary: min $12.98 – max $19.40, based on relevant work experience.
Part Time: 24 hours per week
Night Shift: 6:30 PM - 6:30 AM
Weekend and holiday requirements.
Position requires a high degree of confidentiality, positive interpersonal skills, acceptable grooming practices and ability to function in a fast paced, changing environment.
• Provides assistance to patient according to plan of care.
• Collects patient data, identifies and reports significant findings to nurse.
• Assists in admission/transfer/discharge.
• Provides and Revises patient activities of daily living based on patient/family preferences.
• Performs technical procedures safely and proficiently.
• Takes action to reduce or eliminate patient risk.
• Enters orders into computer or manual system if applicable.
• Documents accurately and appropriately.
• In collaboration/consultation with the nurse, adapts care to reflect patient population.
• In collaboration/consultation with nurse, incorporates cultural/religious needs and beliefs into delivery of care.
• Keeps patient environment clean and maintains safe environment.
• Anticipates patient/family and visitor needs and takes action to meet those needs and rounds as appropriate
• Uses CPM philosophy to work in partnership with patients, families, physicians, peers and all other disciplines.
• Demonstrates adaptability and flexibility to changes in schedule and/or workload assignment necessary to meet changing needs of the individual patient or unit.
• Makes new team members feel welcome and offers assistance with orientation of new employees.
• Acceptable use of interpersonal relationship skills and communication with patients, families, co-workers, physicians, all disciplines and other customers.
• Organizes workload and effectively collaborates with nursing to prioritize care.
• Maintains and enhances patient care skills.
• Seeks assistance and supervision when performing unfamiliar tasks.
• Serves as a patient advocate.
• Complies with personnel policies.
• Communicates per department expectations.
• Recognizes and promptly communicates ethical and legal concerns through established channels of communication.
• Assists in the identification of ineffective and costly processes and takes action to improve them.
• Participates in the process improvement activities within the department/hospital.
• Adheres to National Patient Safety Goals
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications:
• H.S. Diploma or Equivalent
• CNA - Certified Nurses Aide Upon Hire OR PCT Training Program (THFW or TC4L) Upon Hire OR EMT - Emergency Medical Technician Emergency Department ONLY Upon Hire OR Other Nursing student who has completed fundamentals or military experience with medical training equivalent Upon Hire AND BCLS - Basic Cardiac Life Support Upon Hire
• Possesses organizational skills to function in a fast paced work environment, positive interpersonal skills, and good verbal and written communication skills.
• Nursing Students who do not complete course of study in nursing but having completed their Fundamentals Training and EMTs who do not retain formally retain their EMT status may continue in role if they have consistently demonstrated skills in their PCT position.
• After hire PCT CNA renewal is not a requirement of the role if the PCT has consistently demonstrated skills in their PCT position.
Why Texas Health Resources?
Texas Health Harris Methodist Hospital Hurst-Euless-Bedford is a 296-bed, acute-care facility serving Northeast Tarrant County since 1973. With more than 550 physicians on its medical staff, hospital services include outpatient surgery, women’s services, a Level III neonatal intensive care unit, a dedicated oncology unit and cardiac rehabilitation. Texas Health HEB recently received a dual accreditation as a Cycle IV Chest Pain Center and Heart Failure Center by the Society of Chest Pain Centers, is certified as a Primary Stroke Center and a designated "Baby Friendly" facility by WHO and UNICEF. Our location brings the best of suburban living, offering you the benefits of convenience and solid career opportunities.
Texas Health Highlights
• 2018 FORTUNE Magazine’s “100 Best Companies to Work For®” (4 th year in a row)
• 2018 Becker's Healthcare "150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare" (4 th year in a row)
• 2018 Employees’ Choice “Best Places to Work” by Glassdoor
Employment opportunities are only reflective of wholly owned Texas Health Resources entities.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employees or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.