Texas Health Resources Registered Echo Sonographer in Bedford, Texas
Texas Health HEB seeks to hire a Registered Echo Sonographer to work a Full-Time position in Noninvasive Cardiology.
The address is 1600 Hospital Parkway Bedford, TX 76022
Salary range is Min. $31.72/hr to Max. $46.01/hr – based on relevant experience
• Full Time (40 hour) Day Shift
• Length of shifts and days worked each week variable.
• Imaging Procedures, Quality and Processing:
Explains procedures to patient or guardian/family member if applicable prior to exam
Positions patient to correct anatomical area of interest
Performs complex procedures including age related criteria and developmental considerations.
Adjusts techniques parameters appropriately for age related factor.
Assists cardiologist with TEE procedures, Stress Echos, and other complex procedures using appropriate techniques.
Maintains attention to details.
Processes and manipulates images, analyzes image quality, troubleshoots, makes technique adjustments or repeat procedures as needed.
• Patient Care:
Assesses and recognizes the patient’s emotional, physical, developmental, cognitive and psychosocial conditions.
Prepares room for examination (i.e., suction, oxygen, supplies).
Checks physician orders and exam requisitions using time out procedures
Greets and acknowledges patients using two forms of ID
Obtains patient history
Handles patients with IVs, oxygen, chest tubes or other devices and monitors patients during imaging
• Equipment Operation and Maintenance
Adjusts technical factors
Operates, cares for and maintains equipment
Applies knowledge of physics and accessories
Troubleshoots and properly documents equipment malfunction
Maintains equipment and room to sanitary standards
• Professional Accountability and Partnership
Maintains and enhances technical skills and technology advancement
Attends departmental continuing education, meetings and checks email
Identifies, troubleshoots and initiates quality improvement
Manages time and re-prioritizes as necessary
Performs assignments deemed necessary by supervisor.
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications
• High School Diploma or Equivalent is required
• Associate’s Degree (graduate of an accredited school of ultrasound technology) is preferred
• 1 year of experience preferably in a hospital setting is preferred
• ARDMS- American Registry for Diagnostic and Medical Sonographers (diagnostic echocardiography) is required upon hire OR CCI- Cardiovascular Credentialing International Certification (RCS) required upon hire
• BCLS- Basic Cardiac Life Support is required in 30 days
• Good communication and excellent customer service
Why Texas Health Resources?
Texas Health Harris Methodist Hospital Hurst-Euless-Bedford is a 296-bed, acute-care facility serving Northeast Tarrant County since 1973. With more than 550 physicians on its medical staff, hospital services include outpatient surgery, women’s services, a Level III neonatal intensive care unit, a dedicated oncology unit and cardiac rehabilitation. Texas Health HEB recently received a dual accreditation as a Cycle IV Chest Pain Center and Heart Failure Center by the Society of Chest Pain Centers, is certified as a Primary Stroke Center and a designated "Baby Friendly" facility by WHO and UNICEF. Our location brings the best of suburban living, offering you the benefits of convenience and solid career opportunities.
Texas Health Highlights
• 2019 FORTUNE Magazine’s “100 Best Companies to Work For®” (5th year in a row)
• 2019 Becker's Healthcare "150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare" (5th year in a row)
• Employees’ Choice “Best Places to Work” by Glassdoor (2018 and 2019)
Employment opportunities are only reflective of wholly owned Texas Health Resources entities.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employees or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.