Texas Health Resources Registered Nurse Emergency Department in Bedford, Texas
Registered Nurse (RN) – Full-Time Nights - Emergency Room (ED) Unit for Texas Health HEB
Sign on Bonus for Eligible New Hires
Fast-paced, ED unity is looking for top skilled nurses. Is that you?
Work location: Texas Health HEB, 1600 Hospital Parkway Bedford, TX 76022
Work hours: Part Time, Day Shift, 24 hours weekly, 2-12 hours shifts, 11:00 am – 11:00 pm
Sign-on bonus for eligible RN’s (eligible upon hire with a signed 2-year retention agreement)
ED Department highlights:
· 44-bed Emergency Care, Level III Trauma center
· Community ED who treats patients of all ages.
· Primary stroke and heart attack designated.
· Enjoy self-scheduling to help with work/life balance.
· Our team is like a family and work together like no other to provide compassionate care to our patients.
At Texas Health HEB we take seriously our mission to improve the health of those in our community. We are a 296-bed, acute-care, full-service hospital serving our community since 1973. Our location in the DFW mid cities provides convenient care to the residents of Hurst, Euless, Bedford and the surrounding areas.
If you’re looking for women’s services, outpatient surgery, oncology, cardiac rehabilitation and emergency medicine, we’ve got it. Plus we’re an accredited Cycle IV Chest Pain Center, a Level III neonatal intensive care unit and provide nuclear medicine, neonatal intensive care, respiratory therapy and orthopedic medicine.
And talk about award winning. Texas Health HEB is Joint Commission-certified in both Heart Failure and Chest Pain, a Primary Stroke Center, a Level III Trauma Center and a designated Baby Friendly facility. We are a top-notch choice in North Texas for emergency services, women’s services, cardiac care and much more.
As part of the Texas Health family, we employ over 24,000 employees and are among the areas top five largest employers. Come be a part of our exceptional team as we continue to provide outstanding care and deliver award winning results. You belong here.
Here’s What You Need
· Associate Degree in Nursing required; BSN preferred
· Current RN licensure or compact licensure recognized by the Texas Board of Nursing upon hire required
· CLIAFE - Must comply with CLIA regulations regarding foreign education equivalency
· BCLS – prior to providing independent patient care and maintained quarterly required
· ACLS – within 90 days required
· NIHSS – within 90 days of hire
· ENPC - Emergency Nursing Pediatric Course within 12 Months of hire
· TNCC - Trauma Nursing Core Course within 12 Months of hire
· CPI – Crisis Prevention Intervention Training – within 60 days of hire
· 1-year experience as a clinical nurse required
· Current ED experience strongly preferred but not required
What You Will Do
Delivers care to patients utilizing the Nursing Process
· Assesses the patient
· Plans the care of the patient
· Intervenes as appropriate
· Evaluates the effectiveness of interventions
· Incorporates age specific safety/infection control measures into patient care.
· Initiates action to meet patient and/or significant others need for information
· Maintains continuity of patient care inter-shift, inter-hospital, and while expediting out of hospital transfers.
Additional perks of being a Texas Health Nurse
· Benefits include 401k, PTO, medical, dental, Paid Parental Leave, flex spending, tuition reimbursement, Student Loan Repayment Program as well as several other benefits.
· Delivery of high quality of patient care through nursing education, nursing research and innovations in nursing practice.
· Strong Unit Based Council (UBC).
· A supportive, team environment with outstanding opportunities for growth. Explore our Texas Health careers site for info like Benefits, Job Listings by Category, recent Awards we’ve won and more.
Do you still have questions or concerns? Feel free to email your questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Associate's Degree Nursing
Bachelor's Degree Nursing Pref
Other - CLIAFE Must comply with CLIA regulations regarding foreign education equivalency Req
1 Year Experience as a clinical nurse or completion of an RN residency program Req
Licenses and Certifications
RN - Registered Nurse Upon Hire Req And
BCLS - Basic Cardiac Life Support prior to providing independent patient care and maintained quarterly Req And
ACLS - Advanced Cardiac Life Support 90 Days Req And
CPI - Crisis Prevention Intervention Training 60 Days Req And
NIHSS - National Institute of Health Stroke Scale Certification 90 Days Req And
ENPC - Emergency Nursing Pediatric Course 12 Months Req And
TNCC - Trauma Nursing Core Course 12 Months Req
A high degree of confidentiality, positive interpersonal skills, and ability to function in a fast-paced environment.
Extreme Heat 1-33%
Extreme Cold 1-33%
Extreme Swings in Temperature 1-33%
Extreme Noise 1-33%
Working Outdoors 1-33%
Working Indoors 67% or more
Mechanical Hazards 1-33%
Electrical Hazards 1-33%
Explosive Hazards 1-33%
Fume/Odor Hazards 67% or more
Dust/Mites Hazards 1-33%
Chemical Hazards 34-66%
Toxic Waste Hazards 1-33%
Radiation Hazards 1-33%
Wet Hazards 1-33%
Other Conditions 1-33%
Tasks involving exposure to blood, body fluids, or tissues.
Employment opportunities are only reflective of wholly owned Texas Health Resources entities.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employees or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.