Texas Health Resources Registered Nurse - ICU - PRN - HEB in Bedford, Texas
Texas Health HEB seeks to hire a Registered Nurse to work PRN in the Intensive Care Unit Department.
The address is 1600 Hospital Parkway; Bedford, TX 76022
Salary rate is: $41.00/hr.
• PRN: shifts could vary, rotating weekends and holidays required.
Texas Health HEB is proud to offer a new, 18-bed advanced Intensive Care Unit (ICU) for cardiovascular patients recovering from a procedure.
In addition to offering ICU nurses and staff physicians to provide quality care, the new ICU features; private and spacious rooms, shaded windows, areas for families to spend the nights, and private consultation rooms
The essential job duties of this position are:
Delivers care to patients utilizing the Nursing Process
• assesses the patient
• plans the care of the patient
• intervenes as appropriate
• evaluates the effectiveness of interventions
• Incorporates age specific safety/infection control measures into patient care.
• Initiates action to meet patient and/or significant others need for information
• Maintains continuity of patient care inter-shift, inter-hospital, and while expediting out of hospital transfers
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications
• 1 year experience as a clinical nurse or completion of an RN residency program required. A Graduate of a NLN (National League of Nursing) or CCNE (Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education) accredited nursing programs
• Current RN licensure or compact licensure recognized by the Texas Board of Nursing upon hire
• Associate's Degree Graduate of an accredited Nursing program required. Hired within THR after April 1, 2017 require completion of BSN within 2 years of start date preferred
• RN Upon Hire required BCLS upon hire
• ACLS (AHA) upon hire
• CPI training within 60 days of hire
• NIHSS - National Institute of Health Stroke Scale Certification 30 days
• 2-3 years ICU experience preferred
• Good computer skills using a medical management application.
• Possesses a strong work ethic and a high level of professionalism.
• Serve as a role model, be an intra/interdisciplinary collaborator and a coordinator for quality patient care.
• A high degree of confidentiality, positive interpersonal skills, and ability to function in a fast-paced environment is required.
Why Texas Health Resources
Texas Health Resources is one of the largest faith-based, nonprofit health care delivery systems in the United States and the largest in North Texas in terms of patients served.
Texas Health has 25 acute-care and short-stay hospitals that are owned, operated, joint-ventured or affiliated with the system. It has more than 3,800 licensed beds, more than 21,100 employees of fully-owned/operated facilities plus 1,400 employees of consolidated joint ventures and counts more than 5,500 physicians with active staff privileges at its hospitals.
At Texas Health, we strive to create an atmosphere of respect, integrity, compassion and excellence for all who come in contact with us, be they patients or our employees. We are committed to diversity in our workforce, and our mission to serve spreads across ethnic, cultural, economic and generational boundaries. We invite you to join us in furthering your career through our accomplishments and philosophy of excellence.
Texas Health Highlights
• 2018 FORTUNE Magazine’s “100 Best Companies to Work For®” (4 th year in a row)
• 2018 Becker's Healthcare "150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare" (4 th year in a row)
• 2018 Employees’ Choice “Best Places to Work” by Glassdoor
Employment opportunities are only reflective of wholly owned Texas Health Resources entities.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employees or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.