Texas Health Resources Registered Nurse/RN - Labor and Delivery/L&D - Nights in Bedford, Texas
Texas Health Resources seeks to hire a Registered Nurse to work Full-time at Texas Health HEB in their Labor & Delivery Department.
The address is 1600 Hospital Parkway, Bedford, TX 76022
Salary range is Minimum $26.50/hr to Maximum $50.82/hr – based on relevant RN experience
• Full time: Day shift 6:30PM-7:00AM. (3) 12-hour shifts/week, Rotating weekend and holidays. Self-scheduling.
• Texas Health HEB is a Texas 10-step designated facility.
• 9-bed LDR's
• 2 OR suites
• Average 190 deliveries per month
• OB/ED for triage
• 27-weeks’ gestation on up
• Nurses/candidates for the department are the primary care coordinator of interdisciplinary patient care activities and is responsible for the management of patients throughout their continuum of care at Texas Health Resources.
• Responsible and accountable for high quality patient care through implementation of the nursing process including assessment of patient needs (physical, psychosocial, educational), design of a collaborative plan of care, implementation of the plan with appropriate delegation of tasks, coordination of team effort, and evaluation of patient progress towards outcomes.
• Acts as a patient/family advocate and seeks opportunities to communicate and coordinate patient care activities
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications :
• Associate’s degree in Nursing (A.D.N.) is required
• Bachelor’s degree in Nursing (BSN) is preferred – Completion of BSN within two years of earliest start date in a Texas Health RN role is required.
• One (1) year experience as a clinical nurse (RN) or completion of an RN Residency program required. (At least one (1) year of recent RN experience in Labor & Delivery)
• Current RN licensure or compact licensure recognized by the Texas Board of Nursing upon hire
•BCLS – Basic Cardiac Life Support certification through the American Heart Association required upon hire
• ACLS – Advanced Cardiac Life Support required upon hire
• NRP – Neonatal Resuscitation Program required upon hire
• A high degree of confidentiality, positive interpersonal skills, and ability to function in a fast-paced environment.
• Ability to triage, labor, deliver, circulate, and recover patients, as well as caring for newborns at delivery – with skin to skin care, breastfeeding education is preferred.
Why Texas Health Resources?
At Texas Health HEB we take seriously our mission to improve the health of those in our community. We are a 296-bed, acute-care, full-service hospital serving our community since 1973. Our location in the DFW mid cities provides convenient care to the residents of Hurst, Euless, Bedford and the surrounding areas.
If you’re looking for women’s services, outpatient surgery, oncology, cardiac rehabilitation and emergency medicine, we’ve got it. Plus we’re an accredited Cycle IV Chest Pain Center, a Level III neonatal intensive care unit and provide nuclear medicine, neonatal intensive care, respiratory therapy and orthopedic medicine.
And talk about award winning. Texas Health HEB is Joint Commission-certified in both Heart Failure and Chest Pain, a Primary Stroke Center, a Level III Trauma Center and a designated Baby Friendly facility. We are a top-notch choice in North Texas for emergency services, women’s services, cardiac care and much more.
As part of the Texas Health family, we employ over 24,000 employees and are among the areas top five largest employers. Come be a part of our exceptional team as we continue to provide outstanding care and deliver award winning results. You belong here.
Texas Health Highlights
• 2020 FORTUNE Magazine’s “100 Best Companies to Work For®” (6 th year in a row)
• 2019 Becker's Healthcare "150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare" (5 th year in a row)
• 2019 Employees’ Choice “Best Places to Work” by Glassdoor
Employment opportunities are only reflective of wholly owned Texas Health Resources entities.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employees or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.