Texas Health Resources Risk Manager-Great Benefits-HEB Fulltime in Bedford, Texas
Risk Manager-Great Benefits-HEB
Are you looking for a rewarding career with family-friendly hours and top-notch benefits? We are looking for a qualified Risk Manager like you to join our Texas Health family.
Work location: Texas Health HEB
Department: Enterprise Risk Management
Work hours: Full-Time, 40 Hours, 9:00am - 5:00pm
Salary range is Min. $40.37/hr to Max. $60.71/hr – based on relevant experience
Why Texas Health Resources?
At Texas Health HEB we take seriously our mission to improve the health of those in our community. We are a 296-bed, acute-care, full-service hospital serving our community since 1973. Our location in the DFW mid cities provides convenient care to the residents of Hurst, Euless, Bedford and the surrounding areas.
And talk about award winning. Texas Health HEB is Joint Commission-certified in both Heart Failure and Chest Pain, a Primary Stroke Center, a Level III Trauma Center and a designated Baby Friendly facility. We are a top-notch choice in North Texas for emergency services, women’s services, cardiac care and much more.
As part of the Texas Health family, we employ over 24,000 employees and are among the areas top five largest employers. Come be a part of our exceptional team as we continue to provide outstanding care and deliver award winning results. You belong here.
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications:
• Bachelor's Degree Nursing or related healthcare field required
• 3 Years clinical experience Required
• 3 Years Risk Management, Quality Management, Legal or Patient Safety Highly Preferred
• Strong knowledge of Excel, MS Word and Outlook Highly Preferred
• Appropriate clinical licensure for discipline upon hire Required
• CPHRM - Certified Professional in Healthcare Risk Management or CPPS Certified Professional in Patient Safety upon hire Preferred
• Ability to analyze, interpret and manage information;
• Strong interpersonal skills, communication with various professional and regulatory customers.
• Must be self-directed, independent and goal oriented.
• Knowledge about data collection and reporting required.
• Review, process, and close patient complaints/grievances in accordance with CMS guidelines.
The essential duties of this position are:
• Utilizes the reliability learning tool (including actual events, near misses, and general safety concerns) and recognizes and addresses patient safety/risk exposures affecting the quality of care and outcomes. Makes medical staff quality review referrals as appropriate.
• Utilizes statistical and other methods to aggregate, analyze and prepare data reports for presentation.
• Facilitates the Risk Management Program including identification, analysis, planning and implementation focusing on events which resulted or could have resulted in adverse risk or a compromise to patient or environmental safety.
• Actively engages in the Patient Safety Program developing effective medical error reduction strategies and tools.
• Works in collaboration with hospital departments and committees to implement identified needs for improvement.
• Serves as risk management representative for committees within the Continuous Quality/Patient Safety and Risk Management programs.
• Participates in THR claims management process by investigating and identifying events that may lead to potentially compensable events, claims, or lawsuits.
• Provides THR Litigation with information necessary to make claims determination and assess liability. Assists outside attorneys in defense of lawsuits against the hospital.
• Coordinates and facilitates activities of the Risk Management Committee.
• Responsible for identification and analysis of possible cases, summary preparation and presentation at committee.
• Serves as liaison between medical staff leaders and risk management department.
Why Texas Health? As a Texas Health Risk Manager , you’ll enjoy top-notch benefits including 401(k) with match, paid time off, competitive health insurance choices, healthcare and dependent care spending account options, wellness programs to keep you and your family healthy, tuition reimbursement, a student loan repayment program and more.
At Texas Health, our people make this a great place to work every day. Our inclusive, supportive, people-first, excellence-driven culture make Texas Health Resources a great place to work.
Here are a few of our recent awards:
2021 FORTUNE Magazine’s “100 Best Companies to Work For®” (7th year in a row)
Becker's Healthcare "150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare" (4 years running)
“America’s Best Employers for Diversity” list by Forbes
A “100 Best Workplaces for Millennials" by Fortune and Great Place to Work®
Additional perks of being a Risk Manager :
Gain a sense of accomplishment by contributing in a teamwork environment.
Receive excellent mentorship, comprehensive training and dedicated leadership resources.
Enjoy opportunities for growth.
Explore our Texas Health careers site for info like Benefits, Job Listings by Category, recent Awards we’ve won and more.
Do you still have questions or concerns? Feel free to email your questions to firstname.lastname@example.org
Employment opportunities are only reflective of wholly owned Texas Health Resources entities.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employees or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.