Texas Health Resources Surgical Associate - PRN; rotating shifts - Surgery - Bedford in Bedford, Texas
Texas Health Harris Methodist Hospital Hurst-Euless-Bedford seeks to hire a Surgical Associate for PRN employment in Surgery Department.
The address is 1600 Hospital Parkway, Bedford, TX 76022.
Salary: min $13.00 – max $17.14, based on relevant work experience.
PRN; as needed
Rotating Shifts: 7:00 AM - 7:00 PM or 7:00 AM – 7:00 PM
Weekend and holiday requirements.
Position requires a high degree of confidentiality, positive interpersonal skills, acceptable grooming practices and ability to function in a fast paced, changing environment.
• Restocks warmer with blankets and saline
• Changes sharps containers
• Stocks linen, and bags for trash and linen, as well as red bags
• Ensures two armboards and safety strap available for case
• Stocks masks and OR room gels and sanitizers
• Empties soiled linen carts to linen chute
• Assists in moving patients to and from the operating room suites.
• Decontaminates beds and stretchers between uses
• Makes up beds and stretchers
• Assists in room cleanup before and/or after surgery.
• Disposes of hazardous waste appropriately.
• Uses personal protective gear as required.
• Follows procedure for cleaning of operating rooms and equipment.
• Transports instruments to decontamination areas according to procedure.
• Puts equipment and supplies away in appropriate place.
• Restocks items
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications:
• H.S. Diploma or Equivalent
• previous patient care experience preferred OR previous housekeeping or EVS experience highly preferred
• BCLS - Basic Cardiac Life Support within 30 days
Why Texas Health Resources?
Texas Health Harris Methodist Hospital Hurst-Euless-Bedford is a 296-bed, acute-care facility serving Northeast Tarrant County since 1973. With more than 550 physicians on its medical staff, hospital services include outpatient surgery, women’s services, a Level III neonatal intensive care unit, a dedicated oncology unit and cardiac rehabilitation. Texas Health HEB recently received a dual accreditation as a Cycle IV Chest Pain Center and Heart Failure Center by the Society of Chest Pain Centers, is certified as a Primary Stroke Center and a designated "Baby Friendly" facility by WHO and UNICEF. Our location brings the best of suburban living, offering you the benefits of convenience and solid career opportunities.
Texas Health Highlights
• 2020 FORTUNE Magazine’s “100 Best Companies to Work For®” (#1)
• Employees’ Choice “Best Places to Work” by Glassdoor
• A 2020 “Best Workplaces in Texas” by Fortune and Great Place to Work®
• 2020 "Top 100 Places to Work" by the Dallas Morning News
• Fortune Best Workplaces for Women™ 2020
• 2019 “20 Best Workplaces in Health Care and Biopharma” by Great Place to Work® and Fortune (ranked #1)
Employment opportunities are only reflective of wholly owned Texas Health Resources entities.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employees or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.