Texas Health Resources Therapy Technician (Part Time) in Bedford, Texas
Therapy Technician (Part Time)
Texas Health Bedford’s Therapy Department is looking for a Part-time Therapy Technician to join the team. Is that you?
Work location: 2419 TX-121, Bedford, TX 76021 (This role travels between our three PT clinics home base is in Bedford.)
Work hours: PT about 24hrs per week) Monday- Thursday 7-5 Friday 7-11am
• Highly engaged small team of professionals who depend on each other to get the job done.
• Diverse team who understands how their differences make the team stronger.
• High performing team that is nimble and focused.
• Flexible team that cross trains to help each other meet the needs of the physical therapy clinic.
Here’s What You Need
• H.S. Diploma or Equivalent required
• 1 year rehab tech preferred.
• BCLS - Basic Cardiac Life Support prior to providing independent patient care and maintained quarterly required.
• Good communication skills preferred
• Detail oriented preferred.
• A strong sense of ethics preferred.
• Time management skills preferred.
• Technology knowledge preferred.
What You Will Do
• Patient Care Support
• Prepares patient for treatment using appropriate draping and positioning.
• Transports patients to and from treatments using good body mechanics and stretcher/wheelchair safety.
• Prepares, cleans, and organizes whirlpools, wound care supplies and pulse lavage treatments using universal precautions and correct technique.
• Assists with functional mobility training, gait training, exercise programs and ADL training as specified by therapist.
• Assists therapist in set-up of all equipment necessary to perform assessments and treatments.
• Communicates changes in patient’s condition to therapist and nursing staff.
• Assist with use of modalities including ultrasound, e-stim, paraffin, fluid therapy, heat and cold.
• Assists with the entry of patient charges.
• Reviews patient data and charts as requested.
• Organizes and maintains patient charts.
• Utilizes computer for messaging and necessary patient information.
• Assists with scheduling and phone duties.
• Helps maintain all educational material and department forms.
• Helps with faxing and copy needs of the department.
• Assists with data collection as requested.
• Cleans and maintains equipment.
• Documents the cleaning and maintenance of equipment.
• Secures medication from pharmacy for patient treatment.
• Maintains department stock items.
• Completes safety, stocking, and inventory records.
• Maintains a neat environment.
• Maintains, documents and communicates current CPR and education requirements and obtains all training and education required by the system, hospital and department.
• Utilizes available resources to maximize efficiency and productivity and meet departmental needs.
• Participates in orientation and training of therapy technicians, students, volunteers, and observers.
• Represents department in a positive manner in the hospital, system, and community.
• Completes assigned work within scheduled hours and aids others to ensure departmental work is accomplished.
• Seeks assistance/supervision/consultation as needed and reports to supervisor any problems and/or solutions regarding delivery of patient care.
• Completes other duties as assigned.
Additional perks of being a Texas Health employee
• Benefits include 401k, PTO, medical, dental, Paid Parental Leave, flex spending, tuition reimbursement, Student Loan Repayment Program as well as several other benefits.
• A supportive, team environment with outstanding opportunities for growth.
• Explore our Texas Health careers site for info like Benefits , Job Listings by Category , recent Awards we’ve won and more.
Do you still have questions or concerns? Feel free to email your questions to email@example.com
Employment opportunities are only reflective of wholly owned Texas Health Resources entities.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employees or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.