Texas Health Resources ASST MED CERT THPG in Benbrook Family Medicine 114 Sproles Drive Benbrook TX 76126, Texas
H.S. Diploma or Equivalent Req
1 Year Medical Assistant experience Pref
Licenses and Certifications
MA - Medical Assistant Upon Hire Req And
ACLS - Advanced Cardiac Life Support Upon Hire Pref Or
BCLS - Basic Cardiac Life Support Upon Hire Pref And
Other NCT - Non-Certified Radiologic Technician training may be required Upon Hire Pref
Ability to perform EKGs, draw blood, and administer injections as needed by assigned clinic.
Ability to effectively communicate to staff and patients.
Demonstrated knowledge of examination, diagnostic and treatment room procedures.
Thorough knowledge of the meaning and use of medical terminology and abbreviations.
Demonstrated sound judgment and composure with the ability to take appropriate action in questionable or emergency situations.
Maintains a positive, caring attitude towards patients.
Good computer skills using a medical management application.
Possesses a strong work ethic and a high level of professionalism.
Tasks involving exposure to blood, body fluids, or tissues.
• Performs general patient care by following established standards and procedures.
• Greets and prepares patients for the health care provider.
• Obtains and records vital signs including, but not limited to: blood pressure, temperature, pulse, respiration, height, weight, drug allergies, and current medications and presenting problem.
• Administers ordered medications and/or vaccines via oral, injection, topical, rectal, ophthalmic, and/or inhalant administration.
• May be required to draw and collect blood samples from patients and prepare specimens for laboratory analysis
as well as perform routine tests such as EKG’s.
• Schedules patients for diagnostic testing and follows up to ensure completion of testing.
• Documents patient plan(s) of care, tests and examination results in the medical record as directed by the provider.
• Prepares, cleans and sterilizes instruments and maintains equipment, disposing of contaminated items according to protocol. Keeps patient exam rooms stocked, clean and orderly.
• Escalates non-routine issues, questions and/or concerns to the practice manager or healthcare provider(s).
• Ensures safety checklists/quality controls are completed as required.
• Provides for patient safety and protection of patient privacy rights.
• Perform other duties as assigned by practice manager, more senior staff, or as requested by healthcare provider(s).
Employment opportunities are only reflective of wholly owned Texas Health Resources entities.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employees or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.