Texas Health Resources MLT/MLS PRN in Cleburne, Texas
Texas Health Harris Methodist Hospital Cleburne is seeking a Medical Laboratory Technician (MLT) or a Medical Laboratory Scientist (MLS) PRN for their Core Laboratory.
• PRN (as needed)
• Primary hours needed are Monday - Friday night shift until 3:00 AM - 5:00 AM; Additional hours as needed
Required Minimum Education:
• Associate’s degree for a MLT or Bachelor’s Degree for an MLS (or attained within 3 months of hire date)
• Preferred: Associates degree or Bachelors of Science Degree in Medical Technology, Clinical Lab Science or Chemical, Physical or Biological science (proof required)
Required Minimum Experience:
• Internship in an approved Medical Technician training program
• Preferred: 2 years’ experience in a Hospital Medical Laboratory
• MLT (ASCP), MLS (ASCP), MT (ASCP) or equivalent (AMT, AAB, HHS, NCA, HEW, CLS- CA, FL, NY state license, Philippine Board of Technical Technology)
• Registry must be attained within 3 months of hire date
• Preferred: MLT(ASCP), MLS (ASCP), MT (ASCP)
• Strong positive interpersonal skills
• Ability to read, write and speak English clearly
• Problem solving ability, time management skills
• Possess organizational skills to function successfully in a fast paced work environment
• Computer literate
• Preferred: Experience with Cerner Millennium LIS
Job responsibilities (Including but not limited too):
• Specimen Integrity
• Laboratory Operations
• Professional Accountability
• Test Procedures
• Quality Control/Documentation
Texas Health Harris Methodist Hospital Cleburne is a 137-bed, full-service hospital that has served Cleburne and the Johnson County area since 1986. Located about 35 miles south of Fort Worth, hospital services include surgery, women’s care, gastroenterology, orthopedics and ear, nose and throat care. The center has have over 80 physicians on its medical staff and has been recognized as a 2013 Top Performer for Quality Care in a nationwide performance improvement project, an accredited Chest Pain Center by the Society of Chest Pain Centers, and designated a Pathway to Excellence® hospital by the American Nurses Credentialing Center. Recognitions like these make our facility intensely qualified to serve our community and your professional aspirations.
Employment opportunities are only reflective of wholly owned Texas Health Resources entities.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employees or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.