Texas Health Resources ULTRASONOGRAPHER I PRN in Cleburne, Texas
PRN (as needed) Variable shift postion
Graduate of an AMA approved/accredited Ultrasound Program required
Associate's Degree preferred
Skills & Abilities:
Competency in scanning/equipment operation. Excellent communication skills. Ability to multitask and prioritize.
ARDMS OR ARRT with in 12 months of hire
BCLS required upon hire
Imaging Procedures, Quality and Processing
• Explains procedures to patient or guardian / family member if applicable prior to and during exam.
• Images correct anatomical area of interest and pathology according to department protocols.
• Performs complex procedures including age related criteria and developmental considerations.
• Adjusts ultrasound parameters appropriately for quality images.
• Assists radiologist with complex and invasive procedures using aseptic technique.
• Processes and manipulates images, analyzes image quality, troubleshoots, suggest differential diagnosis.
• Utilizes proper downtime procedures for PACS and HIS / RIS.
• Correctly sends and transfers images to PACS.
• Works in tandem with staff to ensure laser images from modality or PACS are printed as needed.
Equipment Operation and Maintenance
• Adjusts technical parameters to optimize image.
• Operates, cares for and maintains equipment.
• Applies proper knowledge of instrumentation, probe selection and cognitive sonographic skills.
• Troubleshoots and properly documents equipment malfunction.
• Maintains equipment and room to sanitary standards.
• Adheres to hospital standards for infection control for patient, equipment, and self.
• Stocks/maintains supplies and linen.
• Demonstrates the knowledge and understanding of quality control and regulatory standards.
• Prepares room for examination (i.e. suction, oxygen, supplies).
• Checks physician orders and exam requisitions using time-out procedures.
• Greets and acknowledges patient, using two forms of ID.
• Obtains patient history.
• Handles patients with IVs, oxygen, chest tubes or other devices, and monitor patient during imaging.
• Demonstrates knowledge of emergency drugs and equipment.
• Uses proper body mechanics when assisting patient.
• Processes patient information, displays proper phone etiquette and transports patients as needed.
Professional Accountability and Partnership
• Maintains ARDMS, CME credits and CPR yearly or when applicable (ARRT and CMRT if applicable).
• Attends departmental continuing education, meetings, and checks email routinely.
• Identifies, troubleshoots and initiates quality improvement.
• Manages time and re-prioritizes as necessary.
• Performs any assignment deemed necessary by supervisor
Texas Health Harris Methodist Hospital Cleburne is a 137-bed, full-service hospital that has served Cleburne and the Johnson County area since 1986. Located about 35 miles south of Fort Worth, hospital services include surgery, women’s care, gastroenterology, orthopedics and ear, nose and throat care. The center has have over 80 physicians on its medical staff and has been recognized as a 2013 Top Performer for Quality Care in a nationwide performance improvement project, an accredited Chest Pain Center by the Society of Chest Pain Centers, and designated a Pathway to Excellence® hospital by the American Nurses Credentialing Center. Recognitions like these make our facility intensely qualified to serve our community and your professional aspirations.
Employment opportunities are only reflective of wholly owned Texas Health Resources entities.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employees or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.