Texas Health Resources Cardiac Stress Monitor Technician - Full-time; 8:30am to 5:00pm - Texas Health Heart & Vascular - Dallas in Dallas, Texas
Texas Health Physicians Group seeks to hire a Cardiac Stress / Monitor Tech for full time employment at Presby Heart & Vascular Group.
The address is Presbyterian Heart and Vascular 8440 Walnut Hill Lane Dallas TX 75231.
Salary: min $15.32 – Max $23.96, based on relevant work experience.
Full Time; 40 hours per week
Day Shift: 8:30 am – 5:00 pm (Monday-Friday)
Position requires a high degree of confidentiality, positive interpersonal skills, acceptable grooming practices and ability to function in a fast paced, changing environment.
• Monitors patients at rest, stress and recovery on EKG and takes and records blood pressures as directed. Conducts treadmill tests, including patient preparation, test performance, and patient recovery. Performs Holter scans, signal average electrocardiograms (ECGs), may scan Holter acquisitions and review data to identify abnormalities.
• Schedules patients for diagnostic testing and follows up to ensure completion of testing.
• Prepares reports of test results for interpretation by the physician.
• Ensures correct lead placement and operates stress testing equipment, including entry of applicable patient data.
• Prepares testing rooms and maintains daily cleaning list.
• Collects time of service payments.
• Escalates non-routine issues to the practice manager or physician.
• Communicates with physicians, managers, and co-workers as appropriate about changes in patient's clinical conditions while undergoing or after echocardiogram/stress testing.
• Performs other duties as assigned by practice manager or physician.
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications:
• H.S. Diploma or Equivalent
• CMA with at least 2 years of monitoring cardiac stress testing required or
Associate’s degree in Exercise Physiology or relevant healthcare field required or
Bachelor’s Degree in Exercise Physiology or relevant healthcare field preferred
• Completion of Telemetry/EKG test within 30 Days
• ACLS preferred
• BCLS preferred
• 6 Months Experience in a cardiac and/or stress testing environment preferred
• Basic knowledge of EKGs and stress testing
• Must possess a strong work ethic and a high level of professionalism.
• Ability to effectively communicate to staff and patients.
• Demonstrates sound judgment and composure with the ability to take appropriate action in questionable or emergency situations.
• Maintains a positive, caring attitude towards patients.
• Good computer skills using a medical management application.
Why Texas Health Resources?
Texas Health Physicians Group (THPG) includes more than 800 physicians, nurse practitioners and physician assistants dedicated to providing quality, patient-safe care at more than 240 offices located throughout the DFW Metroplex. THPG members are active in group governance and serve on multiple committees and councils. Ongoing Texas Health initiatives, like the Diversity Action Council and Living the Promise, have helped to create an inclusive, supportive, people-first, excellence-driven culture and workplace, making THPG a great place to work.
Texas Health Highlights
• 2020 FORTUNE Magazine’s “100 Best Companies to Work For®” (#1)
• Employees’ Choice “Best Places to Work” by Glassdoor
• A 2020 “Best Workplaces in Texas” by Fortune and Great Place to Work®
• 2020 "Top 100 Places to Work" by the Dallas Morning News
• Fortune Best Workplaces for Women™ 2020
• 2019 “20 Best Workplaces in Health Care and Biopharma” by Great Place to Work® and Fortune (ranked #1)
Employment opportunities are only reflective of wholly owned Texas Health Resources entities.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employees or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.