Texas Health Resources Certified Surgical Tech (CST) - Full Time - Monday-Friday - 6:45am-3:15pm - CV/Heart Team in Dallas, Texas
Texas Health Dallas seeks to hire a Certified Surgical Tech to join the CV/Heart Surgery Team.
The address is 8200 Walnut Hill Lane, Dallas, TX 75231
Salary: min $21.55 – max $36.71, based on relevant work experience.
• Full Time: 40 hours per week, Monday-Friday 6:45am-3:15pm
Call Required: 30-minute response time.
As a Certified Surgical Tech on the Surgery Team at Texas Health Dallas , you will work among 28 team members in 24 Main OR Suites. Some of the minimally invasive procedures performed at using microscopic incisions are Cardiovascular, Bariatric, Gastrointestinal Colectomy, General Surgery, Gynecological, Neuro/Spine, Oncology, and Orthopedics.
The essential duties of this position are:
• Intra-operatively displays skills and behavior conducive to desirable outcome.
• Assists as needed in coordinating patient care Peri-operatively and assumes responsibility and accountability for behavior in order to maintain standards for professional nursing practice.
• Assists in providing Peri-operative care for a patient population that includes Infants, Pediatrics, Adults, and Geriatrics. Preoperatively assists R.N. circulator in formulating plan of care.
• Post-operatively follows proper procedures for care of instruments, supplies and equipment. Under supervision, assists RN circulator with post-operative duties.
• Assists in the delivering of nursing care in a manner that minimizes the risk of transfer of infection and accidental contamination.
• Assists in delivering patient care in a manner which protects the patient from injury.
• Care is provided with an emphasis on continually improving quality, service, and cost effectiveness.
• Demonstrates competence in assisting with the performance of age appropriate patient care that is specific to the unique physiological and anatomic aspects of life from the very young to the older adult.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications:
• Graduate of an accredited surgery technology program, Vocational Nurse Program or graduate/completion of a military training program in surgical technology
• 1 year of current CV/Heart Surgical Tech work experience highly preferred.
• CST - Certified Surgical Technologist graduate of an accredited surgical tech program required upon hire OR CST - Certified Surgical Technologist graduate/completion of a military training program in surgical technology within 2 Years OR LVN - Licensed Vocational Nurse required upon hire AND BCLS - Basic Cardiac Life Support required upon hire
• A high degree of confidentiality, positive interpersonal skills, and ability to function in a fast-paced environment.
WHY TEXAS HEALTH RESOURCES?
At Texas Health Dallas we take seriously our mission to improve the health of those in our community. We are an 898-bed, Magnet-designated hospital and recognized clinical program leader, having provided compassionate care to the residents of Dallas and surrounding communities since 1966.
A full-service regional referral center, Texas Health Dallas has approximately 3,500 employees and 1,100 physicians on its medical staff, and offers a full range of services, including cancer care, cardiology, neurosciences, orthopedics, senior care, women's services and a renowned Level III neonatal intensive care unit. Texas Health Dallas has been recognized as a U.S. News and World Report Best Hospital in multiple specialties and is an accredited Cycle IV Chest Pain Center by the Society of Chest Pain Centers.
The hospital is also a Bariatric Surgery Center of Excellence, a certified Emergency Stroke Care center and was named “Best Place to Have a Baby” in Dallas County in 2012. Come be a part of our exceptional team as we continue to provide outstanding care and deliver award winning results. You belong here.
Texas Health Highlights
• 2020 Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For® 2020 (#15) (6 th year in a row)
• 2020 Fortune's list of Best Workplaces in Health Care (#1)
• Best Workplaces for Millennials for 2019 by Fortune and Great Place to Work®
• Platinum-level recognition in the 2019 “Best Employers for Healthy Lifestyles®” awards, sponsored by the National Business Group on Health
• 2019 "Best Workplaces for Women" by Great Place to Work®
• 2019 Gold Level Workplace Health Achievement Award by the American Heart Association
• 2019 HealthCare's Most Wired by CHIME and Modern Healthcare
Employment opportunities are only reflective of wholly owned Texas Health Resources entities.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employees or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.