Texas Health Resources Certified Surgical Tech - Weekend Days - Friday, Saturday and Sunday 6:45am-7:15pm in Dallas, Texas
Texas Health Dallas is seeking to hire a Certified Surgical Tech for the Surgery Team.
The address is 8200 Walnut Hill Lane, Dallas, TX 75231.
Salary: Min $21.55 – Max $36.71, based on relevant work experience.
• Full Time: 36 hours per week, Friday, Saturday and Sunday 6:45am-7:15pm.
Call required to include some holidays, response time 30 minutes.
Texas Health Dallas is at the forefront of some incredible minimally invasive surgeries - procedures that allow physicians to operate with microscopic incisions. Some of the minimally invasive procedures are Bariatric, Cardiovascular, Gastrointestinal Colectomy, General Surgery, Gynecological, Neuro/Spine, Oncology, and Orthopedic.
The essential job functions of this position are:
• Assists in providing Peri-Operative care for a patient population that includes Infants, Pediatrics, Adults, and Geriatrics.
• Preoperatively assists R.N. circulator in formulating plan of care.
• Post-operatively follows proper procedures for care of instruments, supplies and equipment.
• Assists in the delivering of nursing care in a manner that minimizes the risk of transfer of infection and accidental contamination.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications :
• High School Diploma or Equivalent and was employed to practice surgical technology in a health care facility before September 1, 2009 OR Graduate of an accredited surgery technology program, Vocational Nurse Program or graduate/completion of a military training program in surgical technology.
• 1 year of current Surgical Tech Operating Room work experience preferred
• CST - Certified Surgical Technologist graduate of an accredited surgical tech program OR employed to practice surgical technology in a health care facility before September 1, 2009 OR CST - Certified Surgical Technologies graduate/completion of a military training program in surgical technology within 2 Years OR LVN - Licensed Vocational Nurse Upon Hire.
• BCLS - Basic Cardiac Life Support required.
• A high degree of confidentiality, positive interpersonal skills, acceptable grooming practices and ability to function in a fast-paced, changing environment.
Why Texas Health Resources?
Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital Dallas is an 898-bed, Magnet-designated hospital and recognized clinical program leader, having provided compassionate care to the residents of Dallas and surrounding communities since 1966. A full-service regional referral center, Texas Health Dallas has approximately 3,500 employees and 1,100 physicians on its medical staff, and offers a full range of services, including cancer care, cardiology, neurosciences, orthopedics, senior care, women's services and a renowned Level III neonatal intensive care unit. Texas Health Dallas has been recognized as a U.S. News and World Report Best Hospital in multiple specialties and is an accredited Cycle IV Chest Pain Center by the Society of Chest Pain Centers. The hospital is also a Bariatric Surgery Center of Excellence, a certified Emergency Stroke Care center and was named “Best Place to Have a Baby” in Dallas County in 2012.We invite you to join us in furthering your career and our accomplishments and philosophy of excellence.
Texas Health Highlights
• 2019 FORTUNE Magazine’s “100 Best Companies to Work For®”
• Employees’ Choice “Best Places to Work” by Glassdoor
• A “Best Workplaces in Texas” by Fortune and Great Place to Work®
• 2019 “20 Best Workplaces in Health Care and Biopharma” by Great Place to Work® and Fortune (ranked #1)
• A 2019 Gold level LearningElite award – national list of best organizations for learning and development by Chief Learning Officer magazine
• A 2019 “America’s Best Employers for Diversity” list by Forbes
Employment opportunities are only reflective of wholly owned Texas Health Resources entities.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employees or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.