Texas Health Resources Chaplain PRN in Dallas, Texas
Texas Health Resources is seeking a Chaplain PRN for their Pastoral Care Department. Position is located at Texas Health Dallas.
The Chaplain PRN provides spiritual support to patients, families, and staff, primarily evenings, nights, weekends, and as needed, in order to make available spiritual care 24 hours a day, 7 days a week in THR wholly-owned hospital
• PRN “As Need”
• This position provides chaplain coverage primarily on nights and weekends and requires the ability to arrive at the hospital within 30 minutes of being called.
Minimum Education Required:
• Bachelor's Degree required
• Master’s of Divinity, Theology, or related degree from an accredited theological school preferred
• Or Master’s of Divinity, Theology, or related degree from an accredited theological school in progress. Must obtain Master's degree within two years of hire.
• One Unit of Clinical Pastoral Education preferred
Minimum Experience Required:
• Two (2) years’ experience in pastoral care or congregational setting
• Hospital chaplaincy experience preferred
• Graduate level ability in spoken and written English
• Ability to communicate in another language highly desirable
• Gifted to work with and relate with people of diverse backgrounds and religious traditions
• Demonstrated effectiveness in working as a collegial member of the healing team, including nurses and physicians, and community religious leaders
• Demonstrated ability to integrate theological/ethical/relational issues in the delivery of pastoral and spiritual care
Job Duties/Essential Functions:
• Provide pastoral and spiritual care to patients, employees, families, and volunteers in keeping with departmental standards
• Arrange for local clergy to visit with patients when patient or family requests visit. Participate in the Attending Clergy Association when available
• Respond to required and mandatory completion of THR modules to address safety and quality as a major responsibility of THR
• Maintain an active relationship with one’s own denomination
Texas Health Resources is one of the largest faith-based, nonprofit health care delivery systems in the United States and the largest in North Texas in terms of patients served.
Texas Health has 25 acute-care and short-stay hospitals that are owned, operated, joint-ventured or affiliated with the system. It has more than 3,800 licensed beds, more than 21,100 employees of fully-owned/operated facilities plus 1,400 employees of consolidated joint ventures, and counts more than 5,500 physicians with active staff privileges at its hospitals.
At Texas Health, we strive to create an atmosphere of respect, integrity, compassion and excellence for all who come in contact with us, be they patients or our employees. We are committed to diversity in our workforce, and our mission to serve spreads across ethnic, cultural, economic and generational boundaries. We invite you to join us in furthering your career through our accomplishments and philosophy of excellence.
Employment opportunities are only reflective of wholly owned Texas Health Resources entities.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employees or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.