Texas Health Resources CMA/Certified Medical Assistant Float - Travel to clinics in Dallas, Rockwall, Sunnyvale, and Greenville in Dallas, Texas
Sign-On Bonus - $500
Texas Health Physicians Group seeks to hire a Certified Medical Assistant Float to work Full Time.
This position requires travel to clinics in Dallas, Rockwall, Sunnyvale, and Greenville.
Salary range is Min: $16.38/hr – Max: $23.76/hr – based on relevant experience
• Primary schedule will be Monday – Friday from 8:30am to 5:00pm but could vary based on business needs.
Under the direction of the health care provider, is responsible for the delivery of patient care that promotes the safety and well-being of all patients. Accurately preforms preliminary physical tests such as: measuring blood pressure, recording weight, temperature, pulse and respiration and other measures as directed by established clinical protocols.
• Performs general patient care by following established standards and procedures.
• Greets and prepares patients for the health care provider.
• Obtains and records vital signs including, but not limited to: blood pressure, temperature, pulse, respiration, height, weight, drug allergies, and current medications and presenting problem.
• Administers ordered medications and/or vaccines via oral, injection, topical, rectal, ophthalmic, and/or inhalant administration.
• May be required to draw and collect blood samples from patients and prepare specimens for laboratory analysis as well as perform routine tests such as EKG's.
• Schedules patients for diagnostic testing and follows up to ensure completion of testing.
• Documents patient plan(s) of care, tests and examination results in the medical record as directed by the provider.
• Communicates with patient regarding test results and plan of care by phone or mail as directed by the provider.
• Prepares, cleans and sterilizes instruments and maintains equipment, disposing of contaminated items according to protocol. Keeps patient exam rooms stocked, clean and orderly.
• Escalates non-routine issues, questions and/or concerns to the practice manager or healthcare provider(s).
• Ensures safety checklists/quality controls are completed as required.
• Provides for patient safety and protection of patient privacy rights.
• May work in the front office as needed, as well as perform other duties as assigned by practice manager, more senior staff, or as requested by healthcare provider(s).
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications
• High School Diploma or Equivalent is required
• 1 year of Medical Assistant experience within the last three years is required
• Current Medical Assistant Certification is required
• ACLS or BCLS preferred
• NCT preferred
• Ability to perform EKGs, draw blood, and administer injections as needed by assigned clinic.
• Ability to effectively communicate to staff and patients.
• Demonstrated knowledge of examination, diagnostic and treatment room procedures.
• Thorough knowledge of the meaning and use of medical terminology and abbreviations.
• Demonstrated sound judgment and composure with the ability to take appropriate action in questionable or emergency situations.
• Maintains a positive, caring attitude towards patients.
• Good computer skills using a medical management application.
• Possesses a strong work ethic and a high level of professionalism.
Why Texas Health Resources?
Texas Health Highlights
• 2019 FORTUNE Magazine’s “100 Best Companies to Work For®” (5 th year in a row)
• 2019 Becker's Healthcare "150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare" (5 th year in a row)
• Employees’ Choice “Best Places to Work” by Glassdoor (2018 and 2019)
Employment opportunities are only reflective of wholly owned Texas Health Resources entities.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employees or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.