Texas Health Resources Coder II - HIMS Coding in Dallas, Texas
Coder II – HIMS Coding
Are you looking for a rewarding career with a top-notch health care company? We’re looking for qualified Coder II like you to join our Texas Health family.
Work location: Remote, prefer local to DFW for training and meetings
Work hours: Monday – Friday generally between 7:00 am – 6:00 pm
HIMS Coding Department Highlights:
· 100% remote work
· Flexible hours/scheduling once training is complete
· Work life balance
· Opportunities for advancement
Here’s What You Need
H.S. Diploma or Equivalent REQUIRED and
Associates's Degree Related field preferred
2 Years Professional (Profee) Coding experience. Completion of advanced level training in medical terminology, anatomy and physiology, or similar REQUIRED
Licenses and Certifications
CPC - Certified Professional Coder Upon Hire REQUIRED or
CCS-P - Certified Coding Specialist - Physician-based Upon Hire REQUIRED and
Other Specialty certification such as CGSC, COSC, CCC, etc. Upon Hire Preferred
· Advanced knowledge of procedural and clinical diagnosis coding pertaining to professional billing.
· Knowledge of third-party regulations/ payor billing requirements.
· Must be able to communicate effectively.
· Must be detail oriented and have strong organizational skills.
· Must possess a strong work ethic and a high level of professionalism.
· Must have proficient computer skills, with the ability to learn internal application systems.
What you will do
· Accurately abstracts information from the medical records and assigns Profee codes using ICD-10-CM, CPT, and HCPCS in compliance with established guidelines. Provides codes to various departments upon request.
· Reviews supporting medical record documentation to ensure accurate Profee code assignment (ICD-10-CM, CPT, HCPCS) of professional charges in compliance with third party payer, NCCI guidelines and THPG policies. Maintains documentation to record/track coding variance.
· Performs charge reconciliation.
· Performs charge reconciliation of facility charges posted against OR/scheduled procedures to identify missed charges. Notifies leadership regarding discrepancies, collaborates with practice staff and providers to obtain information needed to complete coding and enter appropriate Profee charges.
· Participates in special projects and completes other duties as assigned (e.g., Charge correction requests, research of payor policies, Accounts Receivable & Denials management of Profee charges)
Additional perks of being a Texas Health Coder
· Benefits include 401k, PTO, medical, dental, Paid Parental Leave, flex spending, tuition reimbursement, Student Loan Repayment Program as well as several other benefits.
· A supportive, team environment with outstanding opportunities for growth.
· Explore our Texas Health careers site for info like Benefits , Job Listings by Category , recent Awards we’ve won and more.
Do you still have questions or concerns? Feel free to email your questions to email@example.com .
Employment opportunities are only reflective of wholly owned Texas Health Resources entities.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employees or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.