Texas Health Resources Come be a part of our growth! RN/Registered Nurse—Neuro Trauma ICU—Full Time Nights (7P-7A)—Dallas in Dallas, Texas
*Sign-On Bonus - $10,000.00 for all full time ICU openings*
The address is 8200 Walnut Hill Ln, Dallas, TX 75231
Salary Range: $26.50 - $50.82/hour, commensurate with working experience
Full Time: 7 PM -7 AM for a total of 36 hours a week with some weekends and holidays
We’re so excited about our new 24-bed Neuro Trauma ICU that specializes in Neurological and Trauma patient care. As a nurse on this unit, you’ll have opportunities for professional and career development, outstanding support from our Neurosurgeons and Trauma Physicians and an Intensivist program which provides exceptional critical care patient oversight. Our staffing ratio depends upon acuity and is typically 2:1.
We have a lot going on at Texas Health Dallas and we want you to be a part of it. Our Neuroscience Program is expanding, we’ll be applying for Level I Major Trauma designation and we continue to be on the cutting edge of technology. We're Magnet designated, Joint Commission certified in chest pain, heart failure and stroke and a Mission: Lifeline® Receiving Center.
Learn more about our expansion and this unit. Click here: https://jobs.texashealth.org/UTSW-Expands-Neurosurgery-Program-to-Texas-Health-Dallas
Join our award-winning nursing team today
T he ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications :
• Associate’s degree in Nursing required;
• BSN preferred. Completion of BSN within two years of earliest start date in a Texas Health RN role is required
• One-year experience as a clinical nurse, or completion of an RN residency program
• Neuro or Trauma ICU experience strongly preferred
• Current RN licensure or compact licensure recognized by the Texas Board of Nursing upon hire.
• RN must practice within the regulations of the Texas Nurse Practice Act, serve as a role model, intra/interdisciplinary collaborator and coordinator for quality patient care
• RN - Registered Nurse Upon Hire Required
• BCLS - Basic Cardiac Life Support Upon Hire Required (Expiration date greater than 3 months preferred)
• ACLS - Advanced Cardiac Life Support Upon Hire Required (Expiration date greater than 3 months preferred)
• CPI - Crisis Prevention Intervention Training 60 Days Required
• The professional nurse exhibits understanding of basic human needs.
• The professional nurse demonstrates an appreciation of unique meanings by:
active listening and exemplifying a non-judgmental attitude
• The professional nurse demonstrates recognition and understanding of patient’s affiliations.
• Perform other duties as assigned
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class
Why Texas Health Resources?
Texas Health Dallas is a 900-bed MAGNET-designated hospital, a Level II Major Trauma facility, the first hospital in Dallas to achieve chest pain center accreditation from the Society of Chest Pain Centers and recipient of the American Heart Association's Mission: Lifeline Silver Quality Achievement Award. We are a top-notch choice in North Texas for cancer care, cardiology, emergency medicine, neurosciences, orthopedics, senior care, women's services and a renowned Level III neonatal intensive care unit.
Texas Health Resources is one of the largest faith-based, nonprofit health care delivery systems in the United States and the largest in North Texas in terms of patients served.
Texas Health has 25 acute-care and short-stay hospitals that are owned, operated, joint-ventured or affiliated with the system. It has more than 3,800 licensed beds, more than 21,100 employees of fully-owned/operated facilities plus 1,400 employees of consolidated joint ventures and counts more than 5,500 physicians with active staff privileges at its hospitals. At Texas Health, we strive to create an atmosphere of respect, integrity, compassion and excellence for all who come in contact with us, be they patients or our employees. We are committed to diversity in our workforce, and our mission to serve spreads across ethnic, cultural, economic and generational boundaries. We invite you to join us in furthering your career and our accomplishments and philosophy of excellence
Texas Health Highlights
• Fortune's list of Best Workplaces in Health Care (#1)
• “Best Workplaces(TM) for Diversity” by Fortune and Great Place to Work® (5 th year in row)
• Great Place to Work's Best Workplaces in Texas™ 2020
• 2019 Texan by Nature 20 (TxN 20)
• Platinum-level recognition in the 2019 “Best Employers for Healthy Lifestyles®” awards, sponsored by the National Business Group on Health (eleventh year to appear on the list and fourth year to receive the Platinum award)
• A 2019 Gold Level Workplace Health Achievement Award by the American Heart Association (4 th year in a row)
• Largest Blue Zones® Project Approved™ Worksite in the nation (2016)
Employment opportunities are only reflective of wholly owned Texas Health Resources entities.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employees or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.