Texas Health Resources DIETITIAN II R/L PRN in Dallas, Texas
Texas Health Dallas seeks to hire a Dietitian II R/L to work PRN, and join the Food Nutrition Services Team!
The address is 8200 Walnut Hill Ln. TX 75231
Salary range is Min. $26.52/hr to Max. $39.67/hr – based on relevant experience
• PRN- As Needed
• 8:30 AM – 5:00 PM
• Rotating Weekends and Holidays
• Utilizes each step of the Nutrition Care Process effectively and efficiently to provide Medical Nutrition Therapy to assigned patient populations.
• Promotes team work and supports organizational goals by demonstrating flexibility in scheduling and shift assignments.
• When indicated, willingly takes on work to even out case load or meet schedule deadlines.
• Effectively collaborates with peers so that essential shifts are covered.
• Promotes Quality in Practice through systematic measurement of outcomes, regular performance evaluations, and continuous improvement.
• Promotes safe and effective care through effective communication and work flow practices, including the use of THR specific and High Reliability Organization (HRO) communication and safety strategies.
• Maintains competence through ongoing self-evaluation and study aimed at identifying and closing relevant professional knowledge and/or performance gaps.
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications
• Bachelor’s Degree in Dietetics, Food and Nutrition or other related area required OR Master's Degree Dietetics, Food and Nutrition or other related area required
• 4 years direct care experience as a Clinical Dietitian required
• LD – Licensed Dietitian State of Texas within 6 months of hire and
• RD – Registered Dietitian with Commission on Dietetic Registration (CDR) upon hire
• If no Master’s Degree, Must have Bachelor’s Degree plus one of the certification below:
Board certified Advanced Practice Dietitian (AP)
Board Certified Specialist in Gerontological Nutrition (CSG)
Board Certified Specialist in Pediatric Nutrition (CSP)
Board Certified Specialist in Renal Nutrition (CSR)
Board Certified Specialist Oncology Nutrition (CSO)
Board Certified Specialist in Obesity and Weight Management (CSOWM)
Board Certified Specialist in Sports Dietetics (CSSD) upon hire, or
• CDE – Certified Diabetes Educator upon hire, or
• CEDRD – Certified Eating Disorders Registered Dietitian upon hire, or
The American Association of Bariatric Counselors: Certified Bariatric Counselor (CBC)
International Association of Eating Disorders Professionals: Certified Eating Disorders Registered Dietitian (CEDRD)
• Other upon hire
American Society for Parenteral and Enteral Nutrition; Certified Support Clinician (CNSC)
• Demonstrates the ability to apply all steps of the Nutrition Care Process (NCP in a clinical setting to effectively care for patients and whenever possible, improve patient outcomes and care experience.
• Communicates effectively through both oral and written means.
• Possess sufficient computer skills to learn and use common business related and nutrition and/or food service specific software programs and electronic health record systems to plan document care.
• Ability to conduct advanced scholarly research and accurately interpret and report research finding succinctly in both oral and written form.
• Strong interpersonal skills that enable the applicant to effectively collaborate in trans-professional teams.
• Strong customer service skills..
• Ability to successfully management stressful situations.
Why Texas Health Resources?
• Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital Dallas is an 898-bed, Magnet-designated hospital and recognized clinical program leader, having provided compassionate care to the residents of Dallas and surrounding communities since 1966. A full-service regional referral center, Texas Health Dallas has approximately 3,500 employees and 1,100 physicians on its medical staff, and offers a full range of services, including cancer care, cardiology, neurosciences, orthopedics, senior care, women's services and a renowned Level III neonatal intensive care unit. Texas Health Dallas has been recognized as a U.S. News and World Report Best Hospital in multiple specialties and is an accredited Cycle IV Chest Pain Center by the Society of Chest Pain Centers. The hospital is also a Bariatric Surgery Center of Excellence, a certified Emergency Stroke Care center and was named “Best Place to Have a Baby” in Dallas County in 2012.We invite you to join us in furthering your career and our accomplishments and philosophy of excellence.
Employment opportunities are only reflective of wholly owned Texas Health Resources entities.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employees or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.