Texas Health Resources Group Exercise Instructor in Dallas, Texas
Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital Dallas seeks to hire a Certified Group Exercise Instructor to work PRN in our Fitness Centers at various THR locations.
The address is 8200 Walnut Hill Lane, Dallas, TX 75231; just east of Central Expressway (U.S. 75).
Salary range is Min. $17.14/hr to Max. $39.19/hr – based on relevant experience
• Rotating/Various Shifts
• Teach group exercise classes Develop exercise routines, choreograph and select music appropriate for class type
• Show a gradual progression throughout the course of the class (including warm-up, main-segment, cool-down stretching).
• Instruct and demonstrate proper/safe technique for all levels of ability in each class. •Make sure movement sequences transition smoothly Screen customers for health risks.
• Provide direct supervision of exercise routine
• Provide enthusiasm and motivation for class participants.
• Monitor participants response to exercise and take necessary steps to provide for participants health and safety by showing a variety of modifications.
• Demonstrate proper timing of cues Document class participant attendance.
• Demonstrates professional accountability.
• Accurately report time and attendance.
• Arrange for substitute instruction if/when needed and let supervisor know.
• Appropriately complete incident reports, as required.
• Maintain and communicate current CPR, certifications, and education requirements specified by department, hospital, and system.
• Utilizes available resources to maximize efficiency and productivity and meet developmental needs.
• Participates in departmental and entity in services and meetings, as required
• Seeks assistance/supervision/consultation as needed and reports to supervisor any problems and/or solutions regarding delivery of service.
• Represents department in a positive manner in the fitness center, hospital, system, and community.
• Follows all policies and rules established by the department, hospital, and system.
• Demonstrates initiative in the work environment.
• Assists in the identification of, and solution to, ineffective and costly processes.
• Participates in special events, as requested.
• Exhibit appropriate problem resolution skills including keeping supervisor informed.
• Accepts and gives constructive feedback in a calm, respectful, non-argumentative manner.
• Promotes Customer Satisfaction and Safety Greet customers by name.
• Answer customer questions or obtain answer for customer if answer not known.
• Create exercise environment that is pleasing to participants Interact professionally and pleasantly with participants and peers
• Start and end classes on time
• Maintain a clean, safe work environment that is compliant with departmental, hospital and regulatory agency requirements
• Visually inspect exercise equipment for safety, initiate actions to correct deficiencies, and report repair needs or unsafe conditions following departmental guidelines.
• Maintain a neat and organized appearance of the exercise class area. Provide CPR and/or emergency first aid, as needed.
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications
• High School diploma or equivalent is required
• Completed course work in anatomy, physiology, and exercise/fitness is preferred
• BCLS - Basic Cardiac Life Support within 30 Days of hire is preferred
• CGEI - Certified Group Exercise Instructor Upon Hire is required
• 6 months experience in exercise/fitness instruction is preferred
• Good verbal English communication skills
• Ability to demonstrate and explain basic exercise principles and movement
• Good customer service and interpersonal skills
Why Texas Health Resources?
Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital Dallas is an 898-bed, Magnet-designated hospital and recognized clinical program leader, having provided compassionate care to the residents of Dallas and surrounding communities since 1966. A full-service regional referral center, Texas Health Dallas has approximately 3,500 employees and 1,100 physicians on its medical staff, and offers a full range of services, including cancer care, cardiology, neurosciences, orthopedics, senior care, women's services and a renowned Level III neonatal intensive care unit. Texas Health Dallas has been recognized as a U.S. News and World Report Best Hospital in multiple specialties and is an accredited Cycle IV Chest Pain Center by the Society of Chest Pain Centers. The hospital is also a Bariatric Surgery Center of Excellence, a certified Emergency Stroke Care center and was named “Best Place to Have a Baby” in Dallas County in 2012.We invite you to join us in furthering your career and our accomplishments and philosophy of excellence.
Texas Health Highlights
• 2018 FORTUNE Magazine’s “100 Best Companies to Work For®” (4 th year in a row)
• 2018 Becker's Healthcare "150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare" (4 th year in a row)
• 2018 Employees’ Choice “Best Places to Work” by Glassdoor
Employment opportunities are only reflective of wholly owned Texas Health Resources entities.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employees or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.