Texas Health Resources In-Room Dining Server - As Needed in Dallas, Texas
Texas Health Dallas seeks to hire a In Room Dining Server, As Needed to join the Food Nutrition Services Team!
The address is 8200 Walnut Hill Lane, Dallas, TX 75231
Salary Range is Min. $12.20/hr to Max. $18.57/hr - Based on relevant experience
• PRN – As Needed
• Evening Shift 1:00 PM – 9:00 PM
• Rotating Weekends and Holidays
• Serve patient meals, assist with set up and prepare snacks accurately and timely according to procedures.
• Returns to the patient room within a reasonable period of time to pick up dirty tray and to confirm satisfaction with the patient.
• Comply with hand hygiene, patient identification, and personal protective equipment (PPE) requirements.
• Utilizes basic diet therapy training to assist patients in selecting correct menu items as needed.
• Maintains food safety requirements according to HACCP and department standards in the performance of all duties.
• Maintains clean and orderly work area, ensuring compliance with health department and facility requirements.
• Monitor, prepare, and deliver floor stock to designated units according to FIFO and check for expired product and/or prohibited food items.
• Check and log refrigerator/freezer temperatures on the nursing units.
• Demonstrate excellent customer service skills at point of service and in resolution of complaints/concerns/questions.
• Follows AIDET principles.
• Performs other job duties as assigned by supervisor/manager.
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications
• High School Diploma or Equivalent preferred
• 6 months experience in a food service position or applicable customer service required.
• Restaurant and food service experience strongly preferred
• FHC – Food Handlers Certificate within 30 days of hire required
• Reading, basic math, written language in English.
• Cooperative, discreet, and courteous.
• Good communication and organizational skills.
• Positive customer service attributes.
• Ability to work as a member of a team.
• Ability to work in an extremely fast paced environment while maintaining focus and quality and quality service.
Why Texas Health Resources?
Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital Dallas is an 898-bed, Magnet-designated hospital and recognized clinical program leader, having provided compassionate care to the residents of Dallas and surrounding communities since 1966. A full-service regional referral center, Texas Health Dallas has approximately 3,500 employees and 1,100 physicians on its medical staff, and offers a full range of services, including cancer care, cardiology, neurosciences, orthopedics, senior care, women's services and a renowned Level III neonatal intensive care unit. Texas Health Dallas has been recognized as a U.S. News and World Report Best Hospital in multiple specialties and is an accredited Cycle IV Chest Pain Center by the Society of Chest Pain Centers. The hospital is also a Bariatric Surgery Center of Excellence, a certified Emergency Stroke Care center and was named “Best Place to Have a Baby” in Dallas County in 2012.We invite you to join us in furthering your career and our accomplishments and philosophy of excellence.
Be sure to click on the links below for an introduction to THR Food Nutrition Services as well as what former and current employees are saying about THR!
Front of the House: https://youtu.be/YBua-rauWJQ
Back of the House : https://youtu.be/sP0zw_0du5I
For a complete list of Texas Health's Awards & Recognitions click on the link below.
Employment opportunities are only reflective of wholly owned Texas Health Resources entities.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employees or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.