Texas Health Resources LVN THPG - Cardiovascular in Dallas, Texas
Location: 1924 Forrest Ridge Drive Bedford, TX 76021
LVN Salary Range: $18.56- $28.19/hour, commensurate with work experience
Texas Health Physician's Group (Cardiovascular Center of North Texas) is currently seeking an LVN to join their clinic full time in Bedford, Texas.
Clinic Hours: Mon – Fri (8:00a – 5:00p)
Under the supervision of a Registered Nurse or Physician, this position functions as a vital member of the healthcare team who contributes to the success of the practice by demonstrating customer/patient focus, effective communication, professionalism, and teamwork. Utilizes the nursing process to assess, plan, implement, and evaluate comprehensive care provided to selected patient populations and their families.
• Performs basic nursing care for patients by following established standards and procedures. May perform specific nursing care as it relates to specialty of the practice. May perform diagnostic testing such as nuclear camera, echo sonograms, and stress tests.
• Collects patient data such as vital signs, notes how the patient looks and acts or responds to stimuli and reports this information accordingly.
• Prepares and administers injections, performs routine tests, treats wounds and changes bandages.
• Prepares patient records and files using established medical record forms/automated systems and documentation practices.
• Administers certain prescribed medications and monitors and documents treatment progress and patient response.
• Participates in the implementation and evaluation of patient care based on practice guidelines, standards of care, and federal/state laws and regulations.
• Monitors and documents treatment progress and patient response.
• Conveys information to patients and families about health status, health maintenance, and management of acute and chronic conditions.
• Participates in teams to improve patient care processes and outcomes.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
Skills and Abilities:
• Knowledge of basic nursing processes and understanding of healthcare technology, equipment, and supplies. Familiarity with state law on nursing care, nurse practice guidelines, and clinic policies and procedures.
• Ability to effectively communicate to staff and patients
• Demonstrate sound judgment and composure with the ability to take appropriate action in questionable or emergency situations.
• Maintains a positive, caring attitude towards patients.
• Possesses a strong work ethic and a high level of professionalism
Education and Experience:
• Accredited school of practical nursing program required.
• One year experience in a clinic or acute hospital nursing setting or specialty clinic required, two years of LVN/Cardiology experience preferred.
• Licensed Vocation Nurse required.
• ACLS or BLS required.
• Additional specialty certifications if applicable required.
Employment opportunities are only reflective of wholly owned Texas Health Resources entities.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employees or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.