Texas Health Resources LVN/Licensed Vocational Nurse in Dallas, Texas
Texas Health Physicians Group seeks to hire a Licensed Vocational Nurse to work Full Time at Civa Clinic.
The address is Primary location- 7150 Greenville Ave, Dallas, TX 75231
Secondary location- 4215 Joe Ramsey Blvd E, Greenville, TX 75401 (Occasional travel to secondary location to cover)
Salary range is Min. $18.56/hr to Max. $28.19/hr – based on relevant experience
• Monday through Friday 8:00am – 5:00pm
Under the supervision of a Registered Nurse or Physician, this position functions as a vital member of the healthcare team who contributes to the success of the practice by demonstrating customer/patient focus, effective communication, professionalism, and teamwork. Utilizes the nursing process to assess, plan, implement, and evaluate comprehensive care provided to selected patient populations and their families.
• Collects patient data such as vital signs, notes how the patient looks and acts or responds to stimuli and reports this information accordingly.
• Prepares and administers injections, performs routine tests, treats wounds and changes bandages.
• Prepares patient records and files using established medical record forms/automated systems and documentation practices.
• Administers certain prescribed medications and monitors and documents treatment progress and patient response.
• Participates in the implementation and evaluation of patient care based on practice guidelines, standards of care, and federal/state laws and regulations.
• Monitors and documents treatment progress and patient response.
• Conveys information to patients and families about health status, health maintenance, and management of acute and chronic conditions.
• Participates in teams to improve patient care processes and outcomes.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications
• Graduated from an Accredited school of practical nursing program is required
• 1 year of LVN experience is strongly preferred.
• LVN is required
• ACLS or BCLS is required
• Additional specialty certification if applicable is required
• Knowledge of basic nursing processes and understanding of healthcare technology, equipment, and supplies. Familiarity with state law on nursing care, nurse practice guidelines, and clinic policies and procedures.
• Ability to effectively communicate to staff and patients.
• Demonstrate sound judgment and composure with the ability to take appropriate action in questionable or emergency situations.
• Maintains a positive, caring attitude towards patients.
• Possesses a strong work ethic and a high level of professionalism.
Why Texas Health Resources?
Texas Health Highlights
• 2019 FORTUNE Magazine’s “100 Best Companies to Work For®” (5 th year in a row)
• 2018 Becker's Healthcare "150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare" (4 th year in a row)
• 2018 Employees’ Choice “Best Places to Work” by Glassdoor
Employment opportunities are only reflective of wholly owned Texas Health Resources entities.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employees or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.