Texas Health Resources Medical Assistant - Dallas, TX in Dallas, Texas
Texas Health Dallas seeks to hire a Medical Assistant to assist in the Bariatric Clinic.
Hours will vary between normal business hours Monday - Friday, and candidate will need to occasionally work evenings and Saturdays based on business needs
The ideal candidate would possess following:
*High School Diploma or Equivalent is required
*1 year experience in a medical office is required
*Bilingual in Spanish is a plus
*Certified or Registered Medical Assistant
*Positive interpersonal skills and ability to function in a fast paced environment.
*Phlebotomy skills, minor lab test experience, familiar with medical terminology.
*Care of Patient/Technical Skills:
• Assists with flow of patients from waiting area to exam room, including height, weight, and head circumference
• Obtain brief history from patients
• Perform preparatory work on patients to ensure efficient use of the provider’s time
• Draws blood and gives injections
• Prepares specimens and orders lab work, interfaces with laboratory ensuring that all labs are reported in timely fashion
• Maintains immunization documents
• Records lab tests in logs
• Stocks and cleans exam rooms daily
• Facilitates disposal of biohazard materials
• Maintains and enhances patient care/technical skills
• Seeks assistance and supervision when performing unfamiliar tasks
• Provides for patient safety
• Communicates per department expectations.
• Recognizes and communicates patient care concerns through established channels.
• Complies with THR Human Resources Policies (ex. Attendance Punctuality, ID badge, Dress Code)
• Takes action to reduce or eliminate patient risk.
• Accepts other duties as assigned.
• Adapts to changing needs of unit: patient census, workload, and crisis situation
• Functions as preceptor for new employees (if selected by Manager)
• Demonstrates interpersonal relationship skills with patients, families, co-workers, physicians, all disciplines and other customers.
• Flexes schedule to meet department/patient needs.
• Adapts to changes in workload assignment to meet changing needs of the individual patient or the unit.
• Accepts other duties, as assigned.
• Organized work in partnership with team members. Participates in department/THR community outreach activities.
Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital Dallas is an 898-bed, Magnet-designated hospital and recognized clinical program leader, having provided compassionate care to the residents of Dallas and surrounding communities since 1966. A full-service regional referral center, Texas Health Dallas has approximately 3,500 employees and 1,100 physicians on its medical staff, and offers a full range of services, including cancer care, cardiology, neurosciences, orthopedics, senior care, women's services and a renowned Level III neonatal intensive care unit. Texas Health Dallas has been recognized as a U.S. News and World Report Best Hospital in multiple specialties and is an accredited Cycle IV Chest Pain Center by the Society of Chest Pain Centers . The hospital is also a Bariatric Surgery Center of Excellence, a certified Emergency Stroke Care center and was named “Best Place to Have a Baby” in Dallas County in 2012.We invite you to join us in furthering your career and our accomplishments and philosophy of excellence.
Employment opportunities are only reflective of wholly owned Texas Health Resources entities.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employees or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.