Texas Health Resources Neuro Progressive Care Registered Nurse / PCU RN in Dallas, Texas
Join a Healthcare System that is named #1 by Fortune and Great Place to Work as the “Best Workplaces in Health Care”!
Texas Health Dallas is seeking a few Registered Nurses with at least one year of nursing in an acute care environment preferably with PCU or Telemetry experience to join our growing and award-winning Nursing Family on our Progressive Care Team.
• 3 specialized Progressive Cardiac Care Units: Surgical, Cardiac and Neuro
• Great opportunities for educational and career growth plus self-scheduling to promote work/life balance
• Ideal location in North Dallas, located off I-75 and Walnut Hill Lane that is a 898-bed full-service hospital serving our community since 1966
• We are a Joint Commission-certified Primary Stroke Care Center, a Level II Major Trauma facility, a Cycle IV Chest Pain Center and a designated Magnet hospital
• Be part of the Texas Health Resources family, one of the largest faith-based, nonprofit health care delivery systems in the US with a total of 4,100 licensed hospital beds, employ more than 23,000 people, and count more than 5,500 physicians with active staff privileges at its hospitals .
Texas Health Highlights:
• 2018 FORTUNE Magazine’s “100 Best Companies to Work For®” (4th year in a row)
• 2018 Becker's Healthcare "150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare" (4th year in a row)
• 2018 Employees’ Choice “Best Places to Work” by Glassdoor
The PCU Neuro Telemetry Unit is a 35- bed unit in the new Hamon Tower. We specialize in the care of cardiovascular patients which includes Heart Failure, AMI and Arrhythmia patients, pre and post interventional patients ( Cath and pacemakers), care of Neuro conditions and is a Stroke designated unit. It is a high acuity telemetry unit that signifies a reduced nurse to patient ratio.
6:45PM - 7:15AM, (3) 12-hour shifts/week, for a total of 36 hours per week and every other weekend and varied holidays, self-scheduling**
In order to qualify for this the following criteria must be met:
- Associates degree in Nursing -
(RNs hired after January 2017 require completion of BSN within 2 years of start date).
*BSN (Bachelor of Science in Nursing) preferred.
*One (1) year experience as a clinical nurse (RN), or completion of an RN residency program.
** 1 year previous experience in Cardiac/Neuro/MS Telemetry or PCU strongly preferred
Current Texas RN license or compact license to practice in the state of Texas upon hire
Current ACLS certification and AHA BLS/CPR training/certification upon hire
CPI required within 60 days of hire (Crisis Prevention Intervention training)
(*EKG rhythm interpretation is preferred)
BCMSN - Board certified Med/Surg RN
CRRN - Certified Rehab RN
PCCN - Progressive Care Certified Nurse
SCRN - Stroke Certified RN
In addition, you must hold a high degree of confidentiality, positive interpersonal skills and the ability to function in a fast-paced environment
Texas Health Resources provides a competitive benefits package:
Medical, dental, prescription drug and vision plans
401K retirement -matching
Short term and long term disability
Be Healthy Wellness program
Fitness Center discounts
Nursing Career Ladder (NCAP)
and much more!.
"RN" "registered Nurse" "Progressive Care" "PCU"
Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital Dallas is an 898-bed, Magnet-designated hospital and recognized clinical program leader, having provided compassionate care to the residents of Dallas and surrounding communities since 1966. A full-service regional referral center, Texas Health Dallas has approximately 3,500 employees and 1,100 physicians on its medical staff, and offers a full range of services, including cancer care, cardiology, neurosciences, orthopedics, senior care, women's services and a renowned Level III neonatal intensive care unit. Texas Health Dallas has been recognized as a U.S. News and World Report Best Hospital in multiple specialties and is an accredited Cycle IV Chest Pain Center by the Society of Chest Pain Centers . The hospital is also a Bariatric Surgery Center of Excellence, a certified Emergency Stroke Care center and was named “Best Place to Have a Baby” in Dallas County in 2012.We invite you to join us in furthering your career and our accomplishments and philosophy of excellence.
Employment opportunities are only reflective of wholly owned Texas Health Resources entities.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employees or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.