Texas Health Resources Nurse Practitioner-Cardiovascular Administration in Dallas, Texas
Nurse Practitioner—Cardiovascular Administration
Looking for a new and exciting opportunity? We are looking for a Nurse Practitioner to assist with coordinating services for patients after their cardiac/vascular surgeries.
SCHEDULE: SCHEDULE: Full Time for 40 hrs./ week. 4-10 hr shifts 7A-5P with weekend requirements. No major holiday or on-call requirements
HEART AND VASCULAR APP SERVICE HIGHLIGHTS:
The H&V APP team provides a seamless coordinated continuity of care to service patients spanning pre-op thru discharge. Patient acuity levels can range from ICU to med/surg but predominantly ICU and intermediate/tele status in the CVICU and H2 North of the Hamon Tower. The APP team supports both Cardiothoracic and Vascular surgical services. The Physician collaboration and supervision consists of 3 CT and 9 Vascular physicians of both hospital based and private practice groups.
· Cohesive team environment
· Friendly collaborative environment with great importance to the APP role as a surgical liaison to the hospitalist and other consulting teams
· APP team values diversity and encourages creative perspectives to improve patient satisfaction and key quality metrics.
· APPs assigned to a primary side of the dual service CT and Vascular model to promote development of a specialty expertise, but cross-training is permitted.
· No OR responsibilities. Minor bedside procedures with training provided (chest tube/drain removals, Epicardial Pacing Wire Removal, Skin suturing/stapling as examples).
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications:
· Bachelor of Nursing (BSN) Required.
· Master’s degree of Nurse Practitioner Program (NP) required.
· Acute Care hospital setting experience required.
· 2 years as a Nurse Practitioner (NP) strongly preferred.
· ACNP strongly preferred.
· Cardiovascular experience preferred.
· Critical Care experience required.
· Registered Nurse (RN) required.
· Advanced Practice Nurse (APRN) required.
· Nurse Practitioner (NP) required.
· Basic Cardiac Life Support (BCLS) prior to providing independent patient care and maintained quarterly Required.
· Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) within 30 days of hire preferred.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
In-patient pre & post-surgery management services
Consult with doctors, patients, hospitalist.
Coordinate services from surgery to discharge.
Surgeries will be cardiac or vascular related.
For more than a half-century, Texas Health Dallas has been at the forefront of health care in North Texas. We’re an 875-bed, Magnet-designated, full-service hospital serving our community in and around Dallas since 1966. We specialize in cancer care, cardiology, neurosciences, women’s services and emergency medicine, we’ve got it. Plus, we’re a renowned Level III neonatal intensive care unit, a Comprehensive Stroke and Bariatric Surgery Center of Excellence and provide wellness services, outpatient surgery and women’s imaging services. *Texas Health Dallas is a joint Commission-certified Comprehensive Stroke Center, a Level I Trauma Center, a Comprehensive Heart Attack Center, and a designated Magnet hospital. We’re a top choice in North Texas for cancer and emergency services, bariatric services, cardiac care and much more. As part of the Texas Health family and its 28,000+ employees, we’re one of the largest employers in the Dallas Fort Worth area. Our career growth and professional development opportunities are top-notch and our benefits are equally outstanding. Come be a part of our exceptional team as we improve the health of the people in our communities every day. You belong here.
Additional perks of being a Texas Health Employee
· Benefits include 401k, PTO, medical, dental, Paid Parental Leave, flex spending, tuition reimbursement, student Loan forgiveness as well as several other benefits.
· Delivery of high quality of patient care through nursing education, nursing research and innovations in nursing practice.
· Strong Unit Based Council (UBC).
· A supportive, team environment with outstanding opportunities for growth.
· Explore our Texas Health careers site (https://jobs.texashealth.org/) for info like Benefits (https://jobs.texashealth.org/benefits) , Job Listings by Category (https://jobs.texashealth.org/professions) , recent Awards (https://jobs.texashealth.org/awards) we’ve won and more.
Do you still have questions or concerns? Feel free to email your questions to email@example.com .
Texas Health requires a resume when an application is submitted.Employment opportunities are only reflective of wholly owned Texas Health Resources entities.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employees or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.