Texas Health Resources Personal Trainer PRN in Dallas, Texas
Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital Dallas seeks to hire a Certified Personal Trainer to work PRN in our Fitness Centers at various THR locations.
The address is Texas Health Neighborhood Wellness CityLine, 5721 Phoenis Drive, Dallas, TX 75231
Salary range is Min. $15.49/hr to Max. $26.76/hr – based on relevant experience
• Assesses member needs and develops and implements specialized exercise regimens.
• Ensures the fitness program meets the needs of the client which may include elements such as Personal Training, nutrition advice, Group Fitness training, etc.
• Direct supervision of clients performing exercises to ensure they are executed correctly.
• Modify regimes as needed to meet client and/or Fitness Center needs and/or capabilities, while ensuring the regime is safe and beneficial to the client.
• Maintains complete exercise and personal documentation for each client.
• Educates personal training clients and prospective members on facility offerings (group fitness, personal training, etc.), how to use equipment, etc. to promote a positive member experience and attract and retain membership numbers.
• Actively promote self and fitness center training programs to attract and retain client base.
• Suggests alternative exercises, facilitates sharing of equipment, and makes other adjustments as needed during crowded times in the Fitness Center.
• Cleans and disinfects exercise equipment as needed.
• Visually inspects equipment for safety, initiates actions to correct deficiencies and reports repair needs or unsafe conditions following departmental guidelines.
• Ensures that clients are appropriately greeted and checked in at each visit.
• Records all Personal Training, education, and Group Fitness sessions as required.
• May answer calls, assist with membership paperwork, document and collect payments, etc. as needed.
• Participates in special projects or performs other duties as assigned.
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications
• H.S. Diploma or Equivalent Required
• Bachelor's Degree Exercise science, kinesiology, health promotion or related field Preferred
• 3 months personal training experience Required
• CPT - Certified Personal Trainer NCCA-accredited personal training certification (ACSM, NSCA, ISSA, NASM or ACE) Upon Hire Required And
• BCLS - Basic Cardiac Life Support 30 Days Preferred
• Ability to communicate in English using a variety of media.
• Good interpersonal and customer service skills.
• Ability to perform fitness testing and demonstrate safe and effective exercise on all types of fitness equipment.
• Working knowledge of fitness center computer software preferred.
Why Texas Health Resources?
Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital Dallas is an 898-bed, Magnet-designated hospital and recognized clinical program leader, having provided compassionate care to the residents of Dallas and surrounding communities since 1966. A full-service regional referral center, Texas Health Dallas has approximately 3,500 employees and 1,100 physicians on its medical staff, and offers a full range of services, including cancer care, cardiology, neurosciences, orthopedics, senior care, women's services and a renowned Level III neonatal intensive care unit. Texas Health Dallas has been recognized as a U.S. News and World Report Best Hospital in multiple specialties and is an accredited Cycle IV Chest Pain Center by the Society of Chest Pain Centers. The hospital is also a Bariatric Surgery Center of Excellence, a certified Emergency Stroke Care center and was named “Best Place to Have a Baby” in Dallas County in 2012.We invite you to join us in furthering your career and our accomplishments and philosophy of excellence.
Texas Health Highlights
• 2018 FORTUNE Magazine’s “100 Best Companies to Work For®” (4 th year in a row)
• 2018 Becker's Healthcare "150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare" (4 th year in a row)
• 2018 Employees’ Choice “Best Places to Work” by Glassdoor
Employment opportunities are only reflective of wholly owned Texas Health Resources entities.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employees or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.