Texas Health Resources Program Manager Clinical Risk Management - THPG Dallas - Full Time in Dallas, Texas
Texas Health Resources is seeking to hire a Program Manager Clinical Risk Management for our Risk Management department.
The location is Texas Health Physicians Group at 9229 Lyndon B Johnson Fwy, Dallas Texas 75243
Salary range is $36.26/hour – Max $57.11/hour – based on relevant experience.
• Full-Time: Monday-Friday – 8:00 am- 4:30 pm.
The Program Manager Clinical Risk Management is responsible for analyzing data and identifying trends and solutions to reducing harm across THR. The essential job functions for this position are:
• Collects and trends patient safety and clinical risk data to guide initiatives and improvement efforts.
• Work with project teams to understand and respond to meaningful data, generating change at both the entity and system level through the entire project life cycle.
• Support system and entity patient safety and risk management programs and strategies.
• Provide support and guidance to entity Quality, Patient Safety and Risk Management personnel.
• Act as a liaison to administration, management and hospital/ambulatory care staff to provide guidance on issues such as consent, patient-family concerns, documentation,
disclosure, guardianship, family conferences, law enforcement requests, policy and procedure development and revisions.
• Investigate, evaluate and analyze events that threaten or potentially threaten patient safety through the following: review of medical records, identification and interview of staff, collection of data and/or creating timelines, review of related literature, review of event reporting.
• Lead efforts to increase organizational understanding of patient safety and risk management science and principles through dedicated educational programs for staff.
• Actively participate in and provide support for patient safety and quality initiatives including RCA's and Common Cause Analysis.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications :
• Bachelor’s Degree in healthcare required And
• Master’s Degree related field (4 years risk management, patient
safety, and/or quality experience in lieu of Master’s degree) required.
• 5 years clinical experience required And
• 3 years progressive experience in clinical healthcare with the most recent experience in healthcare risk management, patient safety, and/or quality with proven experience leading inter-professional teams to successful outcomes required.
• RN - Registered Nurse upon hire preferred - Clinical licensure as Registered Nurse (preferred) or Clinical licensure, Certification in Risk Management or attained within 2 years of hire Or
• CRM - Certified Risk Manager within 2 years required Or
• CPHQ - Certified Professional in Healthcare Quality within 2 years required.
• Effective communicator with proven experience in working with inter-professional teams to achieve positive outcomes.
• Displays good organizational skills and is able to manage multiple projects, meeting agreed upon timelines.
• Able to set direction, provide guidance, build consensus and develop inter-professional teams to address identified risk.
• Ability to acquire and review multiple data sources and provide detailed analysis to the appropriate Business Unit.
• Must have advanced MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) experience.
Why Texas Health Resources?
Texas Health Resources is one of the largest faith-based, nonprofit health care delivery systems in the United States and the largest in North Texas in terms of patients served. Texas Health has 25 acute-care and short-stay hospitals that are owned, operated, joint-ventured or affiliated with the system. It has more than 3,800 licensed beds, more than 21,100 employees of fully-owned/operated facilities plus 1,400 employees of consolidated joint ventures, and counts more than 5,500 physicians with active staff privileges at its hospitals.
At Texas Health, we strive to create an atmosphere of respect, integrity, compassion and excellence for all who come in contact with us, be they patients or our employees. We are committed to diversity in our workforce, and our mission to serve spreads across ethnic, cultural, economic and generational boundaries. We invite you to join us in furthering your career and our accomplishments and philosophy of excellence.
Texas Health Highlights
• 2018 FORTUNE Magazine’s “100 Best Companies to Work For®” (4 th year in a row)
• 2018 Becker's Healthcare "150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare" (4 th year in a row)
• 2018 Employees’ Choice “Best Places to Work” by Glassdoor
Employment opportunities are only reflective of wholly owned Texas Health Resources entities.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employees or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.