Texas Health Resources Registered Nurse, Childbirth Educator in Dallas, Texas
Childbirth Educator, Registered Nurse, PRN
See what working at a “100 Best Company To Work For” is like!
Are you looking for a rewarding career with an award-winning company? We’re looking for a qualified Registered Nurse, Childbirth Educator to join our Texas Health family.
Work location: Texas Health Dallas
Work environment: Patient and Family Education
Work hours: PRN, Evenings and Weekends
WHY TEXAS HEALTH RESOURCES?
For more than a half-century, Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital Dallas has been at the forefront of health care in North Texas. We’re an 875-bed, Magnet-designated, full-service hospital serving our community in and around Dallas since 1966.
If you’re looking for cancer care, cardiology, neurosciences, women’s services and emergency medicine, we’ve got it. Plus, we’re a renowned Level III neonatal intensive care unit, a Comprehensive Stroke and Bariatric Surgery Center of Excellence and provide wellness services, outpatient surgery and women’s imaging services.
And did we mention our awards? Texas Health Dallas is a Joint Commission-certified Primary Stroke Care Center, a Level I Trauma Center, a Cycle IV Chest Pain Center and a designated Magnet hospital. We’re a top-notch choice in North Texas for cancer and emergency services, bariatric services, cardiac care and much more.
As part of the Texas Health family, we employ over 26,000 employees and are among the top five largest employers in the DFW area. Join us and be a part of our exceptional team as we provide outstanding care and deliver award-winning results. You belong here.
Position Qualifications • Associate's Degree in Nursing Required • 2 Years of experience in childbirth or adult education Required • Experience in Women’s Services Highly Preferred • RN - Registered Nurse Upon Hire Required And
• CPR – Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation Upon Hire Required
• IBCLC – Lactation Consultant Upon Hire Preferred
• Other Lamaze, ICEA Upon Hire Preferred
Position Responsibilities A Childbirth Educator, Registered Nurse with Texas Health will develop, revise and implement curriculum for childbirth education classes. In addition to the required qualifications, a successful Registered Nurse will • Provide a service oriented class atmosphere for community participants.
• Demonstrate acceptance of childbirth as a wellness concept, diversity of lifestyles, cultures and belief systems.
• Provide hospital infant safety information to patient and/or family member.
• Be sure class content reflects current national standards
• Schedule classes and have instructors available to meet customer demand
• Meet department needs by acting as a substitute instructor and or secure a substitute instructor as necessary.
• Precept and/or mentor new employees and students
• Review class schedule with manager
• Assist in the identification of ineffective and costly processes and takes action to improve those processes
• Collaborate with multi-disciplinary team to improve care processes that promote continuity of care.
• Collaborate with other team members to resolve patient issues.
• Actively participate in helping department to meet key performance indicators
• Utilize sign-in sheet during class
• Serve as a patient advocate and initiates action to protect patient rights and/or preferences and promote patient desired outcomes.
• Respond to patient and family questions with accurate and current information
• Demonstrate compliance for reporting abuse, ethical, and legal concerns and initiates appropriate referrals in response to ethical dilemmas.
• Follows chain of command to address issues with class or classes.
Why Texas Health As a Texas Health Registered Nurse you may be able to enjoy top-notch benefits including 401(k) with match, paid time off, competitive health insurance choices, healthcare and dependent care spending account options, wellness programs to keep you and your family healthy, tuition reimbursement, a student loan repayment program and more. At Texas Health, our people make this a great place to work every day. Our inclusive, supportive, people-first, excellence-driven culture make Texas Health a great place to work. Here are a few of our recent awards:
2021 FORTUNE Magazine’s “100 Best Companies to Work For®” (7th year in a row)
Becker's Healthcare "150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare" (4 years running)
“America’s Best Employers for Diversity” list by Forbes
A “100 Best Workplaces for Millennials" by Fortune and Great Place to Work®
Additional perks of being a Texas Health Dallas Registered Nurse:
Gain a sense of accomplishment by contributing in a teamwork environment
Positively impact patients’ quality of life
Receive excellent mentorship, comprehensive training and dedicated clinical leadership resources
Enjoy opportunities for growth
Explore our Texas Health careers site for info like Benefits , Job Listings by Category , recent Awards we’ve won and more. Do you still have questions or concerns? Feel free to email your questions to email@example.com . #LI-TC1
Employment opportunities are only reflective of wholly owned Texas Health Resources entities.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employees or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.