Texas Health Resources Registered Nurse (RN II) - Medical Intermediate Telemetry Unit M2E (IMCU) in Dallas, Texas
Ready to be a part of a brand-new unit? Great opportunity to become a part of developing and having input on our new Medical Intermediate Telemetry Unit at Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital of Dallas, a MAGNET facility!
*Sign-On for Eligible New Hires (* current employees excluded) *
Texas Health Dallas is located at 8200 Walnut Hill Ln, Dallas, TX 75231
SCHEDULE: Full Time Nights (7P-7A) for 36 hrs./ week. Weekend and holiday requirements
Our Medical Intermediate Telemetry Unit is currently a 10-bed unit, with plans to expand to a 23-bed medical telemetry providing comprehensive care to patients from admission to discharge. We specialize in the care of Congestive Heart Failure, Chest Pain, and Shortness and Breath. This unit, with a team of care transition managers, aide in the continuum of care as well as help with the patient transition from the hospital setting to their after-care setting. We have self-scheduling which helps with the work/life balance as well. Our patient ratio will be 5:1, depending on acuity levels.
Here’s what you need:
• Diploma of Nursing or Associate degree in Nursing required;
• BSN preferred.
• One-year experience as a clinical nurse, or completion of an RN residency program.
• One year of Medical Telemetry experience in an Acute Care Setting strongly preferred
• Current RN licensure or compact licensure recognized by the Texas Board of Nursing upon hire.
• RN must practice within the regulations of the Texas Nurse Practice Act, serve as a role model, intra/interdisciplinary collaborator and coordinator for quality patient care
• RN - Registered Nurse Upon Hire Required
• BCLS - Basic Cardiac Life Support --Prior to providing Independent patient care and maintained quarterly
• ACLS - Advanced Cardiac Life Support--within 90 days of hire
What You Will Do :
• The professional nurse exhibits understanding of basic human needs.
• The professional nurse demonstrates an appreciation of unique meanings by:
active listening and exemplifying a non-judgmental attitude
• The professional nurse demonstrates recognition and understanding of patient’s affiliations.
• Perform other duties as assigned
About Texas Health Dallas:
Texas Health Dallas is a 900-bed MAGNET-designated hospital, a Level II Major Trauma facility, the first hospital in Dallas to achieve chest pain center accreditation from the Society of Chest Pain Centers and recipient of the American Heart Association's Mission: Lifeline Silver Quality Achievement Award. We are a top-notch choice in North Texas for cancer care, cardiology, emergency medicine, neurosciences, orthopedics, senior care, women's services and a renowned Level III neonatal intensive care unit
Additional perks of being a Texas Health Nurse
Benefits include 401k, PTO, medical, dental, Paid Parental Leave, flex spending, tuition reimbursement, student Loan forgiveness as well as several other benefits.
Delivery of high quality of patient care through nursing education, nursing research and innovations in nursing practice.
Strong Unit Based Council (UBC).
A supportive, team environment with outstanding opportunities for growth.
Explore our Texas Health careers site for info like Benefits , Job Listings by Category , recent Awards we’ve won and more.
Do you still have questions or concerns? Feel free to email your questions to firstname.lastname@example.org .
Employment opportunities are only reflective of wholly owned Texas Health Resources entities.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employees or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.