Texas Health Resources Registered Nurse (RN) - Medical Surgical Oncology in Dallas, Texas
Registered Nurse (RN) – GREAT BENEFITS * 12K Sign on Bonus*
Are you looking for a rewarding career with family-friendly hours and top-notch benefits? We’re looking for qualified Registered Nurses like you to join our Texas Health family.
Work location: Dallas, TX
Work environment: Medical-Surgical Oncology Department
Work hours: Full-Time, 36 hours weekly, 7:00 P.M. - 7:00 A.M.
* 12K sign on bonus with 2 year agreement *
Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital Dallas (THD) is an 898-bed, Magnet-designated hospital and recognized clinical program leader, having provided compassionate care to the residents of Dallas and surrounding communities since 1966. A full-service regional referral center, Texas Health Dallas has approximately 3,500 employees and 1,100 physicians on its medical staff, and offers a full range of services, including cancer care, cardiology, neurosciences, orthopedics, senior care, women's services and a renowned Level III neonatal intensive care unit. Texas Health Dallas has been recognized as a U.S. News and World Report Best Hospital in multiple specialties and is an accredited Cycle IV Chest Pain Center by the Society of Chest Pain Centers. The hospital is also a Bariatric Surgery Center of Excellence, a certified Emergency Stroke Care center and was named “Best Place to Have a Baby” in Dallas County in 2012.
• Associate's Degree in Nursing Completion of BSN within two years of earliest start date in a Texas Health RN role is required without a previously approved exemption. Please contact your Human Resources department for additional information or questions.
• Bachelor's Degree in Nursing preferred.
• 1 year of Experience as a clinical nurse or completion of an RN residency program required.
• Prior RN work experience in Oncology or a strong background in Medical Surgical preferred.
• RN - Registered Nurse required upon hire.
• BCLS - Basic Cardiac Life Support required upon hire; expiration date greater than 3 months preferred.
• CPI - Crisis Prevention Intervention Training 60 days required.
• ONS - Chemotherapy/Biotherapy Certificate required in 6 months preferred.
• ACLS - Advanced Cardiac Life Support preferred upon hire.
• OCN - Oncology Certified Nurse preferred upon hire.
• A high degree of confidentiality, positive interpersonal skills, and ability to function in a fast-paced environment.
Position Responsibilities THD RN’s will assist in a 23 bed unit caring for Oncology and Medical Surgical overflow and will assume care of assigned patients (typically 4-5 patients) – assessment, medication administration, admit/transfer/discharge. As an oncology unit most of the patients have a cancer diagnosis, and there is a lot of emotional support for the patients and their family members from new diagnosis to end-of-life.
In addition to the required qualifications, a successful RN will:
• Providing information, using up to date literature, approved tools including EMMI and demonstrates knowledge of patient's unique learning approach.
• Validating patient knowledge through use of teach back method
• Accepting feedback from patients and adopting patient ideas
• Prioritizing and individualizing care delivery based on professional judgment
• Using listening skills and demonstrating knowledge of how to engage others
• Attentive Reassurance - Listens and concentrates on others. Is reliable, available, and attentive.
• Accessible to patients and families
• Clarifying misperceptions-Using HEART as needed
• Knowledge and effective use of THR communication tools (AIDET, HEART, Team STEPPs)
• Creates settings that provide privacy, safety, confidentiality, and tranquility.
• Participates in process improvement activities at the unit, entity and/or system level.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
Why Texas Health As a Texas Health RN you’ll enjoy top-notch benefits including 401(k) with match, paid time off, competitive health insurance choices, healthcare and dependent care spending account options, wellness programs to keep you and your family healthy, tuition reimbursement, a student loan repayment program and more.
At Texas Health, our people make this a great place to work every day. Our inclusive, supportive, excellence-driven culture make Texas Health a place you’ll love to call home.
Here are a few of our recent awards:
2021 FORTUNE Magazine’s “100 Best Companies to Work For®” (7th year in a row)
Becker's Healthcare "150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare" (4 years running)
“America’s Best Employers for Diversity” list by Forbes
A “100 Best Workplaces for Millennials" by Fortune and Great Place to Work®
Additional perks of being a Texas Health Nurse
Unlimited access to online continuing education for professional and career development. Plus, an RN Step Program including NCAP and a nursing certification test-prep content for specialty nurses.
A Nursing Excellence Advisory Board to provide the framework and methodology for funding projects to improve the quality of patient care through nursing education, nursing research and innovations in nursing practice.
A strong shared governance structure featuring unit-based councils that empower nurses to shape their work environment.
A supportive, team environment with outstanding opportunities for growth.
Explore our Texas Health careers site for info like Benefits , Job Listings by Category , recent Awards we’ve won and more.
Do you still have questions or concerns? Feel free to email your questions to email@example.com .
Employment opportunities are only reflective of wholly owned Texas Health Resources entities.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employees or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.