Texas Health Resources Registered Nurse (RN)—Cardiac PCU (M2W) in Dallas, Texas
Looking for excitement? Looking to be more challenged and a part of change? Come join the Cardiac Tele Progressive Care Unit (PCU) Team at Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital of Dallas, a MAGNET facility!
*Sign-On for Eligible New Hires (* current employees excluded) *
Texas Health Dallas is located at 8200 Walnut Hill Ln, Dallas, TX 75231
SCHEDULE: Part Time Days (7A-7P) for 24hrs./ week. Weekend and holiday requirements
Our Cardiac Tele PCU is a 24 bed post interventional unit mixed with medical telemetry providing comprehensive post interventional cardiac care to patients from admission to discharge. We specialize in the care of cardiovascular patients which includes Heart Failure, AMI and Arrhythmia patients, pre and post interventional patients (Cath, Ablations, & Pacemakers). We pull femoral sheaths and take cardiac medications that other units do not take and have a care transition manager who aides in the continuum of care as well to help with the patient transition from the hospital setting to their after-care setting. We have self-scheduling which helps with the work/life balance as well. You can replace it with our AMI program that has achieved the trifecta of awards for the 2nd year in a row from the American Heart Association and National Cardiovascular Data
Here's what you need:
• Diploma of Nursing OR Associate degree in Nursing required;
• BSN preferred.
• Other - CLIAFE Must comply with CLIA regulations regarding foreign education equivalency Required
• One-year experience as a clinical nurse, or completion of an RN residency program.
• One year of PCU/Step-Down or 3+ years of Med Surg Tele in an Acute Care Setting strongly preferred
• Current RN licensure or compact licensure recognized by the Texas Board of Nursing upon hire.
• RN must practice within the regulations of the Texas Nurse Practice Act, serve as a role model, intra/interdisciplinary collaborator and coordinator for quality patient care
• RN - Registered Nurse Upon Hire Required
• BLS--Basic Cardiac Life Support—Prior to providing independent patient care and maintained quarterly
• ACLS—Advanced Cardiac Life Support—within 90 days of hire required
• CPI-Crisis Prevention Intervention Training within 60 days of hire required
• BCCVN-Board Certified Cardiac Vascular Nurse preferred
• PCCN-Progressive Care Nurse Certified Preferred
• CRRN-Certified Rehabilitation Registered Nurse Preferred
• EKG rhythm interpretation
What You Will Do:
• The professional nurse exhibits understanding of basic human needs.
• The professional nurse demonstrates an appreciation of unique meanings by:
active listening and exemplifying a non-judgmental attitude
• The professional nurse demonstrates recognition and understanding of patient’s affiliations.
• Perform other duties as assigned
More about Texas Health Dallas:
Texas Health Dallas is a 900-bed MAGNET-designated hospital, a Level I Major Trauma facility, the first hospital in Dallas to achieve chest pain center accreditation from the Society of Chest Pain Centers and recipient of the American Heart Association's Mission: Lifeline Silver Quality Achievement Award. We are a top-notch choice in North Texas for cancer care, cardiology, emergency medicine, neurosciences, orthopedics, senior care, women's services and a renowned Level III neonatal intensive care unit.
Additional perks of being a Texas Health Nurse
Benefits include 401k, PTO, medical, dental, Paid Parental Leave, flex spending, tuition reimbursement, Student Loan Repayment Program as well as several other benefits.
Delivery of high quality of patient care through nursing education, nursing research and innovations in nursing practice.
Strong Unit Based Council (UBC).
A supportive, team environment with outstanding opportunities for growth.
Explore our Texas Health careers site for info like Benefits , Job Listings by Category , recent Awards we’ve won and more.
Do you still have questions or concerns? Feel free to email your questions to firstname.lastname@example.org .
Employment opportunities are only reflective of wholly owned Texas Health Resources entities.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employees or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.