Texas Health Resources Registered Nurse (RN)—Cardiac Tele (M2W) Progressive Care Unit (PCU) in Dallas, Texas
*Sign-On Bonus - $12,000.00 for all full time PCU openings(excluding current employees)*
Looking for excitement? Looking to be more challenged and a part of change? Come join the Cardiac Tele Progressive Care Unit (PCU) Team at Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital of Dallas, a MAGNET facility!
Texas Health Dallas is located at 8200 Walnut Hill Ln, Dallas, TX 75231
SCHEDULE: Full Time Days(7A-7P) for 36 hrs./ week. Weekend and holiday requirements
Our Cardiac Tele PCU is a 24 bed post interventional unit mixed with medical telemetry providing comprehensive post interventional cardiac care to patients from admission to discharge. We specialize in the care of cardiovascular patients which includes Heart Failure, AMI and Arrhythmia patients, pre and post interventional patients (Cath, Ablations, & Pacemakers). We pull femoral sheaths and take medications that other units do not take and have a care transitions manager and clinical nurse leaders on the unit to aide in the continuum of care as well as help with the patient transition from the hospital setting to their after-care setting. We have self-scheduling which helps with the work/life balance as well. Our unit features a 2017 Nurse Excellence Award winner and the 2018 DFWHC Employee of the year winner for Hospitals greater than 500 beds. Our patient ratio is 4:1 - 5:1, depending on acuity levels.
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications:
• Associate degree in Nursing required;
• BSN preferred.
• Other - CLIAFE Must comply with CLIA regulations regarding foreign education equivalency Required
• One-year experience as a clinical nurse, or completion of an RN residency program.
• One year of PCU/Step-Down or 3+ years of Med Surg Tele in an Acute Care Setting strongly preferred
• Current RN licensure or compact licensure recognized by the Texas Board of Nursing upon hire.
• RN must practice within the regulations of the Texas Nurse Practice Act, serve as a role model, intra/interdisciplinary collaborator and coordinator for quality patient care
• RN - Registered Nurse Upon Hire Required
• BCLS - Basic Cardiac Life Support (AHA)Upon Hire Required (Expiration date greater than 3 months preferred)
• ACLS - Advanced Cardiac Life Support Upon Hire Required
• CPI-Crisis Prevention Intervention Training within 60 days of hire required
• BCCVN-Board Certified Cardiac Vascular Nurse preferred
• PCCN-Progressive Care Nurse Certified Preferred
• CRRN-Certified Rehabilitation Registered Nurse Preferred
• EKG rhythm interpretation
• The professional nurse exhibits understanding of basic human needs.
• The professional nurse demonstrates an appreciation of unique meanings by:
active listening and exemplifying a non-judgmental attitude
• The professional nurse demonstrates recognition and understanding of patient’s affiliations.
• Perform other duties as assigned
More about Texas Health Dallas:
Texas Health Dallas is a 900-bed MAGNET-designated hospital, a Level II Major Trauma facility, the first hospital in Dallas to achieve chest pain center accreditation from the Society of Chest Pain Centers and recipient of the American Heart Association's Mission: Lifeline Silver Quality Achievement Award. We are a top-notch choice in North Texas for cancer care, cardiology, emergency medicine, neurosciences, orthopedics, senior care, women's services and a renowned Level III neonatal intensive care unit.
Texas Health Resources:
Texas Health Resources is one of the largest faith-based, nonprofit health care delivery systems in the United States and the largest in North Texas in terms of patients served. Texas Health has 25 acute-care and short-stay hospitals that are owned, operated, joint-ventured or affiliated with the system. It has more than 3,800 licensed beds, more than 21,100 employees of fully-owned/operated facilities plus 1,400 employees of consolidated joint ventures and counts more than 5,500 physicians with active staff privileges at its hospitals. At Texas Health, we strive to create an atmosphere of respect, integrity, compassion and excellence for all who come in contact with us, be they patients or our employees. We are committed to diversity in our workforce, and our mission to serve spreads across ethnic, cultural, economic and generational boundaries. We invite you to join us in furthering your career and our accomplishments and philosophy of excellence
Texas Health Highlights :
• Fortune's list of Best Workplaces in Health Care (#1): https://fortune.com/best-workplaces-health-care/2020/
• “Best Workplaces(TM) for Diversity” by Fortune and Great Place to Work® (5 th year in row): https://fortune.com/best-workplaces-for-diversity/2019/
• Great Place to Work's Best Workplaces in Texas™ 2020: https://www.greatplacetowork.com/best-workplaces/texas/2020?category=large
• 2019 Texan by Nature 20 (TxN 20): https://texanbynature.org/txn20/
• Platinum-level recognition in the 2019 “Best Employers for Healthy Lifestyles®” awards, sponsored by the National Business Group on Health (eleventh year to appear on the list and fourth year to receive the Platinum award)
• A 2019 Gold Level Workplace Health Achievement Award by the American Heart Association (4 th year in a row)
• Largest Blue Zones® Project Approved™ Worksite in the nation (2016)
Explore our Texas Health careers site for info like Benefits , Job Listings by Category , recent Awards we’ve won and more. Do you still have questions or concerns? Feel free to email your questions to firstname.lastname@example.org .
Employment opportunities are only reflective of wholly owned Texas Health Resources entities.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employees or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.