Texas Health Resources Registered Nurse (RN)—ECMO Specialist --PRN in Dallas, Texas
Looking for a new opportunity to help start and create a new unit? Come be a part of a new ECMO department! We are building a new ECMO department to better serve our communities and are looking for the right person to help us build the best! Come join our Cardiac Intensive Care Unit (CVICU) Team at Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital of Dallas, a MAGNET facility!
Texas Health Dallas is located at 8200 Walnut Hill Ln, Dallas, TX 75231
SCHEDULE: PRN As needed. Weekend and holiday requirements
This role is an exciting opportunity to help develop a new ECMO unit. The ECMO unit will be a part of our already established, Level I Trauma CVICU. The CVICU is a 24-bed intensive care unit that specializes in advanced Cardiac and Vascular surgical procedures. Our ICU units are located in the Hamon Tower, the largest expansion in the hospital’s history, which opened in 2009. Our board-certified critical care physicians directly oversee patient care in the ICU throughout the day. Providers are on the unit 24 hours a day. Critical care nurses, nurse practitioners, and physician assistants — all trained in critical care medicine — work collaboratively to provide care in the ICU. The staffing is dependent by acuity, normally a 2:1 ratio
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications:
• Associate Degree of Nursing, required
• BSN Preferred
• 2 years of Critical Care Experience required (MICU, CICU, CCU, TICU, etc.)
• ECMO experience preferred
• RN - Registered Nurse Upon Hire Required
• BLS--Basic Cardiac Life Support—Prior to providing independent patient care and maintained quarterly
• ACLS—Advanced Cardiac Life Support—within 90 days of hire required
• Completion of ECMO Training within 90 days of hire required
• Effective critical thinking, decision making, interpersonal, verbal communication, and collaborative skills
• ECMO Training will be required
More about Texas Health Dallas?
Texas Health Dallas is a 900-bed MAGNET-designated hospital, a Level II Major Trauma facility, the first hospital in Dallas to achieve chest pain center accreditation from the Society of Chest Pain Centers and recipient of the American Heart Association's Mission: Lifeline Silver Quality Achievement Award. We are a top-notch choice in North Texas for cancer care, cardiology, emergency medicine, neurosciences, orthopedics, senior care, women's services and a renowned Level III neonatal intensive care unit.
Texas Health Resources:
Texas Health Resources is one of the largest faith-based, nonprofit health care delivery systems in the United States and the largest in North Texas in terms of patients served. Texas Health has 25 acute-care and short-stay hospitals that are owned, operated, joint-ventured or affiliated with the system. It has more than 3,800 licensed beds, more than 21,100 employees of fully-owned/operated facilities plus 1,400 employees of consolidated joint ventures and counts more than 5,500 physicians with active staff privileges at its hospitals. At Texas Health, we strive to create an atmosphere of respect, integrity, compassion and excellence for all who come in contact with us, be they patients or our employees. We are committed to diversity in our workforce, and our mission to serve spreads across ethnic, cultural, economic and generational boundaries. We invite you to join us in furthering your career and our accomplishments and philosophy of excellence
Texas Health Highlights:
• Fortune's list of Best Workplaces in Health Care (#1): https://fortune.com/best-workplaces-health-care/2020/
• “Best Workplaces(TM) for Diversity” by Fortune and Great Place to Work® (5 th year in row): https://fortune.com/best-workplaces-for-diversity/2019/
• Great Place to Work's Best Workplaces in Texas™ 2020: https://www.greatplacetowork.com/best-workplaces/texas/2020?category=large
• 2019 Texan by Nature 20 (TxN 20): https://texanbynature.org/txn20/
• Platinum-level recognition in the 2019 “Best Employers for Healthy Lifestyles®” awards, sponsored by the National Business Group on Health (eleventh year to appear on the list and fourth year to receive the Platinum award)
• A 2019 Gold Level Workplace Health Achievement Award by the American Heart Association (4 th year in a row)
• Largest Blue Zones® Project Approved™ Worksite in the nation (2016)
Explore our Texas Health careers site for info like Benefits , Job Listings by Category , recent Awards we’ve won and more. Do you still have questions or concerns? Feel free to email your questions to email@example.com .
Employment opportunities are only reflective of wholly owned Texas Health Resources entities.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employees or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.