Texas Health Resources Registered Nurse (RN)—H2N Surgical Tele Progressive Care Unit (PCU) in Dallas, Texas
Love working with Cardiac patients? Wanting to expand your knowledge with patients after a Cath Procedure? Then we have the place for you! Our Surgical Tele Progressive Care Unit (PCU) is looking for top talent to make our team even stronger!
*Sign-On for Eligible New Hires*
WORK LOCATION : Texas Health Dallas, 8200 Walnut Hill Ln, Dallas, TX 75231
WORK HOURS : Full Time Days (7A-7P) for 36 hrs/week. Weekend and holiday requirements
Surgical PCU Department highlights:
The PCCU Surgical Telemetry Unit is searching for a Registered Nurse who maintains a high degree of confidentiality, possesses positive interpersonal skills and is customer service focused. This unit is a 35-bed unit in the Hamon Tower. We specialize in the care of cardiovascular surgical patients, thoracic surgical patients, vascular surgical patients, Cath lab patients, heart failure patients, pacemakers, and all cardiac conditions. This unit is a high acuity telemetry unit that signifies a reduced nurse to patient ratio. We have self-scheduling which helps with the work/life balance as well. Our patient ratio is 4:1-5:1, depending on acuity levels.
HERE’S WHAT YOU WILL NEED:
• Associate degree Graduate of an accredited Nursing program
• BSN preferred.
• One-year experience as a clinical nurse, or completion of an RN residency program
• One-year experience of progressive Cardiac care strongly preferred; OR
• Three-year of Medical/Surgical experience and one year of Telemetry preferred
• RN must practice within the regulations of the Texas Nurse Practice Act, serve as a role model, intra/interdisciplinary collaborator and coordinator for quality patient care
• RN - Registered Nurse Upon Hire Required
• BCLS - Basic Cardiac Life Support --Prior to providing Independent patient care and maintained quarterly
• ACLS - Advanced Cardiac Life Support--within 90 days of hire
• CPI-Crisis Prevention Intervention training within 60 days of hire is required
• BCMSN-Board Certified Medical-Surgical Nurse is Preferred
• CRRN-Certified Rehabilitation Registered Nurse is preferred
• PCCN-Progressive Care Certified Nurse is preferred
• The professional nurse exhibits understanding of basic human needs.
• The professional nurse demonstrates an appreciation of unique meanings by: active listening and exemplifying a non-judgmental attitude
• The professional nurse demonstrates recognition and understanding of patient’s affiliations.
• Perform other duties as assigned
More about Texas Health Dallas:
Texas Health Dallas is a 900-bed MAGNET-designated hospital, a Level I Major Trauma facility, the first hospital in Dallas to achieve chest pain center accreditation from the Society of Chest Pain Centers and recipient of the American Heart Association's Mission: Lifeline Silver Quality Achievement Award. We are a top-notch choice in North Texas for cancer care, cardiology, emergency medicine, neurosciences, orthopedics, senior care, women's services and a renowned Level III neonatal intensive care unit.
Additional perks of being a Texas Health Nurse
Benefits include 401k, PTO, medical, dental, Paid Parental Leave, flex spending, tuition reimbursement, Student Loan Repayment Program as well as several other benefits.
Delivery of high quality of patient care through nursing education, nursing research and innovations in nursing practice.
Strong Unit Based Council (UBC).
A supportive, team environment with outstanding opportunities for growth.
Explore our Texas Health careers site for info like Benefits , Job Listings by Category , recent Awards we’ve won and more.
Do you still have questions or concerns? Feel free to email your questions to email@example.com .
Employment opportunities are only reflective of wholly owned Texas Health Resources entities.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employees or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.