Texas Health Resources Registered Nurse (RN)—Surgical Tele Progressive Care Unit (PCU) in Dallas, Texas
*Sign-On Bonus - $15,000.00 for all full time PCU openings*
Love working with Cardiac patients? Wanting to expand your knowledge with patients after a Cath Procedure? Then we have the place for you! Our Surgical Tele Progressive Care Unit (PCU) is looking for top talent to make our team even stronger!
Texas Health Dallas is located at 8200 Walnut Hill Ln, Dallas, TX 75231
SCHEDULE: Full Time Nights (7P-7A) for 36 hrs/ week. Weekend and holiday requirements
The PCCU Surgical Telemetry Unit is searching for a Registered Nurse who maintains a high degree of confidentiality, possesses positive interpersonal skills and is customer service focused. This unit is a 35-bed unit in the Hamon Tower. We specialize in the care of cardiovascular surgical patients, thoracic surgical patients, vascular surgical patients, Cath lab patients, heart failure patients, pacemakers, and all cardiac conditions. This unit is a high acuity telemetry unit that signifies a reduced nurse to patient ratio. We have self-scheduling which helps with the work/life balance as well. Our patient ratio is 4:1-5:1, depending on acuity levels.
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications:
• Associate degree Graduate of an accredited Nursing program
• BSN preferred.
• One-year experience as a clinical nurse, or completion of an RN residency program
• One-year experience of progressive Cardiac care strongly preferred; OR
• Three-year of Medical/Surgical experience and one year of Telemetry preferred
• RN must practice within the regulations of the Texas Nurse Practice Act, serve as a role model, intra/interdisciplinary collaborator and coordinator for quality patient care
• RN - Registered Nurse Upon Hire Required
• BCLS - Basic Cardiac Life Support --Prior to providing Independent patient care and maintained quarterly
• ACLS - Advanced Cardiac Life Support--within 90 days of hire
• CPI-Crisis Prevention Intervention training within 60 days of hire is required
• BCMSN-Board Certified Medical-Surgical Nurse is Preferred
• CRRN-Certified Rehabilitation Registered Nurse is preferred
• PCCN-Progressive Care Certified Nurse is preferred
• The professional nurse exhibits understanding of basic human needs.
• The professional nurse demonstrates an appreciation of unique meanings by: active listening and exemplifying a non-judgmental attitude
• The professional nurse demonstrates recognition and understanding of patient’s affiliations.
• Perform other duties as assigned
More about Texas Health Dallas:
Texas Health Dallas is a 900-bed MAGNET-designated hospital, a Level II Major Trauma facility, the first hospital in Dallas to achieve chest pain center accreditation from the Society of Chest Pain Centers and recipient of the American Heart Association's Mission: Lifeline Silver Quality Achievement Award. We are a top-notch choice in North Texas for cancer care, cardiology, emergency medicine, neurosciences, orthopedics, senior care, women's services and a renowned Level III neonatal intensive care unit.
Texas Health Resources:
Texas Health Resources is one of the largest faith-based, nonprofit health care delivery systems in the United States and the largest in North Texas in terms of patients served. Texas Health has 25 acute-care and short-stay hospitals that are owned, operated, joint-ventured or affiliated with the system. It has more than 3,800 licensed beds, more than 21,100 employees of fully-owned/operated facilities plus 1,400 employees of consolidated joint ventures and counts more than 5,500 physicians with active staff privileges at its hospitals. At Texas Health, we strive to create an atmosphere of respect, integrity, compassion and excellence for all who come in contact with us, be they patients or our employees. We are committed to diversity in our workforce, and our mission to serve spreads across ethnic, cultural, economic and generational boundaries. We invite you to join us in furthering your career and our accomplishments and philosophy of excellence
Texas Health Highlights:
• Fortune's list of Best Workplaces in Health Care (#1): https://fortune.com/best-workplaces-health-care/2020/
• “Best Workplaces(TM) for Diversity” by Fortune and Great Place to Work® (5 th year in row): https://fortune.com/best-workplaces-for-diversity/2019/
• Great Place to Work's Best Workplaces in Texas™ 2020: https://www.greatplacetowork.com/best-workplaces/texas/2020?category=large
• 2019 Texan by Nature 20 (TxN 20): https://texanbynature.org/txn20/
• Platinum-level recognition in the 2019 “Best Employers for Healthy Lifestyles®” awards, sponsored by the National Business Group on Health (eleventh year to appear on the list and fourth year to receive the Platinum award)
• A 2019 Gold Level Workplace Health Achievement Award by the American Heart Association (4 th year in a row)
• Largest Blue Zones® Project Approved™ Worksite in the nation (2016)
Explore our Texas Health careers site for info like Benefits , Job Listings by Category , recent Awards we’ve won and more. Do you still have questions or concerns? Feel free to email your questions to email@example.com
Employment opportunities are only reflective of wholly owned Texas Health Resources entities.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employees or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.