Texas Health Resources RN (Registered Nurse) - Emergency Department (ED) - Dallas Full time Nights (7P-7A) in Dallas, Texas
Texas Health Dallas’s Emergency Department is looking for a full-time Registered Nurse to join our team
Texas Health Dallas is located at 8200 Walnut Hill Ln. TX 75231
Salary Range: $25.00 - $50.40/hour, commensurate with working experience
Full-time; 36 hrs/week; 7 PM - 7 AM, every other weekend required
An Emergency Nurse position requires a high degree of confidentiality, positive interpersonal skills, and ability to function in a fast-paced environment
Emergency Department highlights:
• Self-Scheduling that helps with work/life balance as well as opportunities for educational and career growth
• Robust Unit Based Council (UBC) and engaged leadership team
• Fast-Paced, high volume department averaging 200 patients/day
• The professional nurse exhibits understanding of basic human needs.
• The professional nurse demonstrates an appreciation of unique meanings by:
active listening and exemplifying a non-judgmental attitude
• The professional nurse demonstrates recognition and understanding of patient’s affiliations.
• Perform other duties as assigned
T he ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications :
• ADN (Associate's Degree Nursing) required
• BSN preferred. RNs hired after January 2017 require completion of BSN within 2 years of start date
• One-year experience as a clinical nurse, or completion of an RN residency program.
• One year of Emergency experience strongly preferred
• RN must practice within the regulations of the Texas Nurse Practice Act, serve as a role model, intra/interdisciplinary collaborator and coordinator for quality patient care
• RN - Registered Nurse Upon Hire Required
• BCLS - Basic Cardiac Life Support Upon Hire Required
• ACLS - Advanced Cardiac Life Support Upon Hire Required
• CPI - Crisis Prevention Intervention Training 60 Days Required
• PALS - Pediatric Advanced Life Support Upon Hire Required
• TNCC - Trauma Nursing Core Course Upon Hire Preferred
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class
Why Texas Health Resources?
Texas Health Dallas is a 900-bed MAGNET-designated hospital, a Level II Major Trauma facility, the first hospital in Dallas to achieve chest pain center accreditation from the Society of Chest Pain Centers and recipient of the American Heart Association's Mission: Lifeline Silver Quality Achievement Award. We are a top-notch choice in North Texas for cancer care, cardiology, emergency medicine, neurosciences, orthopedics, senior care, women's services and a renowned Level III neonatal intensive care unit.
Texas Health Highlights
• 2018 FORTUNE Magazine’s “100 Best Companies to Work For®” (4 th year in a row)
• 2018 Becker's Healthcare "150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare" (4 th year in a row)
• 2018 Employees’ Choice “Best Places to Work” by Glassdoor
• Electronic Medical Record Adoption Model (EMRAM) Stage 7 Revalidation (2016)
Employment opportunities are only reflective of wholly owned Texas Health Resources entities.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employees or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.