Texas Health Resources RN (Registered Nurse) - Emergency Department (ED) - Full time Nights (11A-11P)- Dallas in Dallas, Texas
Texas Health Dallas’s Emergency Department is looking for a full-time Registered Nurse to join our team
Texas Health Dallas is located at 8200 Walnut Hill Ln. TX 75231
Salary Range: $25.00 - $50.82/hour, commensurate with working experience
Full-time; 36 hrs/week; 11 AM - 11 PM, every other weekend required
An Emergency Nurse position requires a high degree of confidentiality, positive interpersonal skills, and ability to function in a fast-paced environment
Emergency Department highlights:
• Self-Scheduling that helps with work/life balance as well as opportunities for educational and career growth
• Robust Unit Based Council (UBC) and engaged leadership team
• Fast-Paced, high volume department averaging 200 patients/day
• The professional nurse exhibits understanding of basic human needs.
• The professional nurse demonstrates an appreciation of unique meanings by:
active listening and exemplifying a non-judgmental attitude
• The professional nurse demonstrates recognition and understanding of patient’s affiliations.
• Perform other duties as assigned
T he ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications :
• Associate's Degree Graduate of an accredited Nursing program
• BSN preferred. Completion of BSN within two years of earliest start date in a Texas Health RN role is required
• One-year experience as a clinical nurse, or completion of an RN residency program.
• One year of Emergency experience strongly preferred
• RN must practice within the regulations of the Texas Nurse Practice Act, serve as a role model, intra/interdisciplinary collaborator and coordinator for quality patient care
• RN - Registered Nurse Upon Hire Required
• BCLS - Basic Cardiac Life Support Upon Hire Required
• ACLS - Advanced Cardiac Life Support Upon Hire Required
• CPI - Crisis Prevention Intervention Training 60 Days Required
• PALS - Pediatric Advanced Life Support Upon Hire Required
• TNCC - Trauma Nursing Core Course within 6 months required
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class
Why Texas Health Resources?
Texas Health Dallas is a 900-bed MAGNET-designated hospital, a Level II Major Trauma facility, the first hospital in Dallas to achieve chest pain center accreditation from the Society of Chest Pain Centers and recipient of the American Heart Association's Mission: Lifeline Silver Quality Achievement Award. We are a top-notch choice in North Texas for cancer care, cardiology, emergency medicine, neurosciences, orthopedics, senior care, women's services and a renowned Level III neonatal intensive care unit.
Texas Health Resources is one of the largest faith-based, nonprofit health care delivery systems in the United States and the largest in North Texas in terms of patients served.
Texas Health has 25 acute-care and short-stay hospitals that are owned, operated, joint-ventured or affiliated with the system. It has more than 3,800 licensed beds, more than 21,100 employees of fully-owned/operated facilities plus 1,400 employees of consolidated joint ventures and counts more than 5,500 physicians with active staff privileges at its hospitals. At Texas Health, we strive to create an atmosphere of respect, integrity, compassion and excellence for all who come in contact with us, be they patients or our employees. We are committed to diversity in our workforce, and our mission to serve spreads across ethnic, cultural, economic and generational boundaries. We invite you to join us in furthering your career and our accomplishments and philosophy of excellence.
Texas Health Highlights
• 2019 FORTUNE Magazine’s “100 Best Companies to Work For®” (5 th year in a row)
• 2018 Becker's Healthcare "150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare" (4 th year in a row)
• Employees’ Choice “Best Places to Work” by Glassdoor
• A “Best Workplaces in Texas” by Fortune and Great Place to Work®
• 2019 “20 Best Workplaces in Health Care and Biopharma” by Great Place to Work® and Fortune (ranked #1)
• A 2019 Gold level LearningElite award – national list of best organizations for learning and development by Chief Learning Officer magazine
• A 2019 “America’s Best Employers for Diversity” list by Forbes
Employment opportunities are only reflective of wholly owned Texas Health Resources entities.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employees or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.