Texas Health Resources RN/Registered Nurse--CV Observation--Full Time (4 - 10 HR shifts) --Dallas in Dallas, Texas
Come join the CV Observation Team at Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital of Dallas, a MAGNET facility!
The address is 8200 Walnut Hill Ln, Dallas, TX 75231
Salary Range: $25.00 - $50.40/hour, commensurate with working experience
Full Time: Monday – Friday 0600-1630 and 0830-1900 (4 10-hour days) for a total of 40 hours a week
Our CV Observation unit has 21 beds and is responsible for the care of patients recovering from the Cardiac Cath Lab. Great team environment with the ability to cross train to other CV areas. CV Obs also offers: 4 10 hr rotating shifts (0600-1630 and 0830-1900). No weekends or holidays. High paced procedure pre op and recovery unit serving cardiac Cath Lab, EP Lab, and Interventional radiology
T he ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications :
• Graduate of a NLN (National League of Nursing) or CCNE (Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education) accredited nursing programs
• BSN preferred. RNs hired after January 2017 require completion of BSN within 2 years of start date
• One-year experience as a clinical nurse, or completion of an RN residency program. CV Observation experience preferred
• Current RN licensure or compact licensure recognized by the Texas Board of Nursing upon hire.
• RN must practice within the regulations of the Texas Nurse Practice Act, serve as a role model, intra/interdisciplinary collaborator and coordinator for quality patient care
• RN - Registered Nurse Upon Hire Required
• BCLS - Basic Cardiac Life Support (AHA)Upon Hire Required (Expiration date greater than 3 months preferred)
• ACLS - Advanced Cardiac Life Support Upon Hire Required (Expiration date greater than 3 months preferred)
• The professional nurse exhibits understanding of basic human needs.
• The professional nurse demonstrates an appreciation of unique meanings by:
active listening and exemplifying a non-judgmental attitude
• The professional nurse demonstrates recognition and understanding of patient’s affiliations.
• Perform other duties as assigned
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class
Why Texas Health Resources?
Texas Health Resources is one of the largest faith-based, nonprofit health care delivery systems in the United States and the largest in North Texas in terms of patients served.
Texas Health has 25 acute-care and short-stay hospitals that are owned, operated, joint-ventured or affiliated with the system. It has more than 3,800 licensed beds, more than 21,100 employees of fully-owned/operated facilities plus 1,400 employees of consolidated joint ventures and counts more than 5,500 physicians with active staff privileges at its hospitals. At Texas Health, we strive to create an atmosphere of respect, integrity, compassion and excellence for all who come in contact with us, be they patients or our employees. We are committed to diversity in our workforce, and our mission to serve spreads across ethnic, cultural, economic and generational boundaries. We invite you to join us in furthering your career and our accomplishments and philosophy of excellence.
Texas Health Highlights
• 2018 FORTUNE Magazine’s “100 Best Companies to Work For®” (4 th year in a row)
• 2018 Becker's Healthcare "150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare" (4 th year in a row)
• 2018 Employees’ Choice “Best Places to Work” by Glassdoor
Employment opportunities are only reflective of wholly owned Texas Health Resources entities.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employees or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.