Texas Health Resources RN/Registered Nurse, PCCU Neuro Tele--Full Time Days in Dallas, Texas
Registered Nurse, PCU Neuro/Tele
Unravel the possibilities in your nursing career by joining a team that encourages professional advancement and growth while caring for each other like family. Looking for this type of family? Then you need to join the Neuro Cardiac Tele Progressive Care Unit (PCU) Team at Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital of Dallas, a MAGNET facility where the Extraordinary is just our Ordinary!
WORK LOCATION : Texas Health Dallas, 8200 Walnut Hill Ln, Dallas, TX 75231
WORK HOURS : Full Time Nights (7P-7A) for 36 hrs/week. Weekend and holiday requirements. We are committed to work/life balance and will work with you and your schedule
Accredited a by the DNV as a as Comprehensive Stroke Center, our Registered Nurses have raised the standards of stroke care by combining clinical expertise with compassionate care. Our 35- bed Cardiac/ Neuro Intermediate Unit is a stroke designated unit that specializes in neurological, spinal surgeries and conditions that includes but not limited to seizures, strokes, cervical and lumbar discectomy/fusion, craniotomies for tumor resection, and cerebral aneurysm clipping. Our phenomenal RN team also provides care for cardiovascular patients with conditions such Heart Failure, AMI, pre and post interventional patients (heart Cath, ablations, and pacemakers), patients needing cardiac drips, and Arrhythmia patients needing a higher level of care in a non-ICU setting. It is a high acuity telemetry/ PCU unit that signifies a reduced nurse to patient ratio to 3-4:1 depending on acuity
HERE’S WHAT YOU WILL NEED:
· Diploma of Nursing OR Associate Degree of Nursing (ADN) Required
· BSN Preferred
· (1) year Stepdown, Progressive Care or Intermediate (Tele) Care RN experience or three (3) years of Medical/Surgical experience in an acute care hospital preferred
· RN must practice within the regulations of the Texas Nurse Practice Act, serve as a role model, intra/interdisciplinary collaborator, and coordinator for quality patient care.
Texas State RN license or compact license is accepted
BCLS - Basic Cardiac Life Support (AHA) upon hire Required
ACLS - Advanced Cardiac Life Support within 90 days of hire required
CPI-Crisis Prevention Intervention training within 60 days of hire is required
PCCN-Progressive Care Certified Nurse is preferred not required
SCRN - Stroke Certified Registered Nurse is preferred not required
More about Texas Health Dallas:
Texas Health Dallas is a 900-bed MAGNET-designated hospital, a Level I Major Trauma facility, the first hospital in Dallas to achieve chest pain center accreditation from the Society of Chest Pain Centers and recipient of the American Heart Association's Mission: Lifeline Silver Quality Achievement Award. We are a top-notch choice in North Texas for cancer care, cardiology, emergency medicine, neurosciences, orthopedics, senior care, women's services and a renowned Level III neonatal intensive care unit.
Additional perks of being a Texas Health Nurse
· Benefits include 401k, PTO, medical, dental, Paid Parental Leave, flex spending, tuition reimbursement, Student Loan Repayment Program as well as several other benefits.
· Delivery of high quality of patient care through nursing education, nursing research and innovations in nursing practice.
· Strong Unit Based Council (UBC).
· A supportive, team environment with outstanding opportunities for growth.
· Explore our Texas Health careers site (https://jobs.texashealth.org/) for info like Benefits (https://jobs.texashealth.org/benefits) , Job Listings by Category (https://jobs.texashealth.org/professions) , recent Awards (https://jobs.texashealth.org/awards) we’ve won and more.
Do you still have questions or concerns? Feel free to email your questions to firstname.lastname@example.org .
Texas Health requires a resume when an application is submitted.Employment opportunities are only reflective of wholly owned Texas Health Resources entities.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employees or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.