Texas Health Resources Surgical Associate - 6:45am to 3:15pm - Surgery - Dallas in Dallas, Texas
Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital Dallas seeks to hire a Surgical Associate for full-time employment in the Surgery Department.
The address is 8200 Walnut Hill Lane, Dallas, TX 75231.
Salary: Min $13.00 – Max $17.14, based on relevant work experience.
Full-time; 40 hours per week
Day Shift; 6:45 AM – 3:15 PM
Position requires a high degree of confidentiality, positive interpersonal skills, acceptable grooming practices and ability to function in a fast paced, changing environment.
• Completes routine stocking chores:
• Restocks warmer with blankets and saline
• Changes sharps containers
• Stocks linen, and bags for trash and linen, as well as red bags
• Stocks masks and OR room gels and sanitizers
• Empties soiled linen carts to linen chute
• Assists in moving patients to and from the operating room suites.
• Maintains patient dignity and confidentiality.
• Helps with patient positioning
• Decontaminates beds and stretchers between uses
• Makes up beds and stretchers
• Assists in room cleanup before and/or after surgery.
• Disposes of hazardous waste appropriately.
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications:
• H.S. Diploma or Equivalent
• previous patient care experience preferred OR previous housekeeping or EVS experience highly preferred
• BCLS - Basic Cardiac Life Support
WHY TEXAS HEALTH RESOURCES?
Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital Dallas is an 898-bed, Magnet-designated hospital and recognized clinical program leader, having provided compassionate care to the residents of Dallas and surrounding communities since 1966. A full-service regional referral center, Texas Health Dallas has approximately 3,500 employees and 1,100 physicians on its medical staff, and offers a full range of services, including cancer care, cardiology, neurosciences, orthopedics, senior care, women's services and a renowned Level III neonatal intensive care unit. Texas Health Dallas has been recognized as a U.S. News and World Report Best Hospital in multiple specialties and is an accredited Cycle IV Chest Pain Center by the Society of Chest Pain Centers. The hospital is also a Bariatric Surgery Center of Excellence, a certified Emergency Stroke Care center and was named “Best Place to Have a Baby” in Dallas County in 2012.We invite you to join us in furthering your career and our accomplishments and philosophy of excellence.
Texas Health Highlights
• 2020 FORTUNE Magazine’s “100 Best Companies to Work For®” (#1)
• Employees’ Choice “Best Places to Work” by Glassdoor
• A 2020 “Best Workplaces in Texas” by Fortune and Great Place to Work®
• 2019 “20 Best Workplaces in Health Care and Biopharma” by Great Place to Work® and Fortune (ranked #1)
• A 2019 Companies that Care list by People magazine and Great Place to Work®
• A 2019 “America’s Best Employers for Diversity” list by Forbes
Employment opportunities are only reflective of wholly owned Texas Health Resources entities.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employees or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.