Texas Health Resources Surgical Associate (Full Time) – Surgery in Dallas, Texas
Surgical Associate – Surgery
Robust, Growing Surgery department is looking for top skilled nurses. Is that you?
Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital Dallas seeks to hire a Surgical Associate for their Surgery Department.
Work Location: 8200 Walnut Hill Lane, Dallas, TX 75231.
Work Hours: Full time- 40 Hours/week.
· Day Shift
· Some On Call may be required
At Texas Health Dallas we offer a range of advanced services such as hybrid operating rooms that incorporate advanced imaging devices. We're also recognized as a Magnet facility for excellence in nursing services. Our level of experience is matched only by our compassion for our patients.
Here’s What You Need
· High School Diploma or Equivalent (Required)
· Previous patient care experience (Preferred)
· BCLS - Basic Cardiac Life Support (Required)
What You Will Do
Completes routine stocking chores:
· Restocks warmer with blankets and saline
· Changes sharps containers
· Stocks linen, and bags for trash and linen, as well as red bags
· Stocks Expose II
· Ensures two arm boards and safety strap available for case
· Stocks and replaces suction liners
· Stocks sterile towels in cores
· Stocks masks and OR room gels and sanitizers
· Empties soiled linen carts to linen chute
· Assists in moving patients to and from the operating room suites.
· Follows patient identification requirements.
· Maintains patient dignity and confidentiality.
· Communicates appropriately with patients and families.
· Observes safety procedures in moving patients.
· Helps with patient positioning
· Demonstrates basic understanding of asepsis
· Decontaminates beds and stretchers between uses
· Makes up beds and stretchers
· Assists in room cleanup before and/or after surgery.
· Disposes of hazardous waste appropriately.
· Uses personal protective gear as required.
· Follows procedure for cleaning of operating rooms and equipment.
· Transports instruments to decontamination areas according to procedure.
· Puts equipment and supplies away in appropriate place.
· Restocks items
· Other duties as assigned
· Follows directions of circulating nurse in obtaining equipment, instruments and supplies as requested.
· Answers call from Surgery Control Desk without delay
· Acts as team member
Additional perks of being a Texas Health Nurse
· Benefits include 401k, PTO, medical, dental, Paid Parental Leave, flex spending, tuition reimbursement, student Loan forgiveness as well as several other benefits.
· Delivery of high quality of patient care through nursing education, nursing research and innovations in nursing practice.
· Strong Unit Based Council (UBC).
· A supportive, team environment with outstanding opportunities for growth.
· Explore our Texas Health careers site for info like Benefits , Job Listings by Category , recent Awards we’ve won and more.
Do you still have questions or concerns? Feel free to email your questions to email@example.com .
Employment opportunities are only reflective of wholly owned Texas Health Resources entities.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employees or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.