Texas Health Resources TECHN CARDIAC STRESS/MON THPG in Dallas, Texas
THPG Cardiovascular Ancillary Service
Mon - Fri 8am to 5pm
Bachelor’s degree preferred
Associates Degree in Health Science or
2 Years’ Experience in EP or Cath lab in lieu of degree
6 Months Experience in a cardiac and/or stress testing environment
Under immediate supervision, assists Echo Techs with patient care related to the completion of echocardiograms and/or stress tests, including but not limited to ECGs, treadmills, Holters, and event monitors, in accordance with established practices and procedures.
• Monitors patients at rest, stress and recovery on EKG and takes and records blood pressures as directed. Conducts treadmill tests, including patient preparation, test performance, and patient recovery. Performs Holter scans, signal average electrocardiograms (ECGs), may scan Holter acquisitions and review data to identify abnormalities.
• Schedules patients for diagnostic testing and follows up to ensure completion of testing.
• Prepares reports of test results for interpretation by the physician.
• Ensures correct lead placement and operates stress testing equipment, including entry of applicable patient data.
• Prepares testing rooms and maintains daily cleaning list.
• Collects time of service payments.
• Escalates non-routine issues to the practice manager or physician.
• Communicates with physicians, managers, and co-workers as appropriate about changes in patient's clinical conditions while undergoing or after echocardiogram/stress testing
• Performs other duties as assigned by practice manager or physician.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
• Basic knowledge EKGs and stress testing.
• Must possess a strong work ethic and a high level of professionalism.
• Ability to effectively communicate to staff and patients.
• Demonstrates sound judgment and composure with the ability to take appropriate action in questionable or emergency situations.
• Maintains a positive, caring attitude towards patients.
• Good computer skills using a medical management application.
LICENSES OR CERTIFICATIONS
ACLS - Advanced Cardiac Life Support Preferred
BLS - Basic Life Support Preferred
Texas Health Physicians Group (THPG) includes more than 800 physicians, nurse practitioners and physician assistants dedicated to providing quality, patient-safe care at more than 240 offices located throughout the DFW Metroplex. THPG members are active in group governance and serve on multiple committees and councils. Ongoing Texas Health initiatives, like the Diversity Action Council and Living the Promise, have helped to create an inclusive, supportive, people-first, excellence-driven culture and workplace, making THPG a great place to work
Employment opportunities are only reflective of wholly owned Texas Health Resources entities.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employees or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.