Texas Health Resources Unit Secretary - Emergency Department in Dallas, Texas
Unit Secretary - Full Time Night shift
Texas Health Presbyterian Dallas
Are you looking for a rewarding career with family-friendly hours and top-notch benefits? We are looking for a qualified Unit Secretary like you to join our Texas Health family.
Work location: Texas Health Presbyterian Dallas, 8200 Walnut Hill Lane in Dallas, TX 75231.
Work environment: Emergency Department (ED).
Full Time, 36 hours per week.
Three 12-hour Night shifts, 7:00pm – 7:00am, with rotating weekends and holidays.
Salary range: $15.00 per hour - $21.42 per hour, based on relevant experience. Plus, shift differentials between $1.25/hour - $3.00/hour, as applicable.
Texas Health Presbyterian Dallas is an 898-bed, Magnet-designated hospital and recognized clinical program leader, having provided compassionate care to the residents of Dallas and surrounding communities since 1966. A full-service regional referral center, Texas Health Dallas has approximately 3,500 employees and 1,100 physicians on its medical staff, and offers a full range of services, including cancer care, cardiology, neurosciences, orthopedics, senior care, women's services and a renowned Level III neonatal intensive care unit. Texas Health Dallas has been recognized as a U.S. News and World Report Best Hospital in multiple specialties and is an accredited Cycle IV Chest Pain Center by the Society of Chest Pain Centers. The hospital is also a Bariatric Surgery Center of Excellence, a certified Emergency Stroke Care center and was named “Best Place to Have a Baby” in Dallas County in 2012.
H.S. Diploma or Equivalent required.
Relative experience preferred.
1-2 years of Unit Secretary experience in an acute care hospital setting highly preferred.
Position Skills and Abilities
Possesses organizational skills to function in a fast-paced work environment, positive interpersonal skills, and good verbal and written communication skills.
• Performs all tasks to meet the needs of physicians, staff, patient, and other customers.
• Demonstrates acceptable organizational skills.
• Communicates effectively.
• Interactions include consideration for patient population specific needs.
• Takes action to reduce/eliminate patient risks.
• Uses Professional Practice Model philosophy to work in partnership with patients, families, physicians, peers, and all other disciplines.
• Demonstrates adaptability and flexibility to changes in schedule and/or workload assignment necessary to meet changing needs of the individual patient or unit.
• Makes new team members feel welcome and offers assistance with orientation of new employees.
• Acceptable use of interpersonal relationship skills and communication with patients, families, co-workers, physicians, all disciplines, and other customers.
• Organizes workload and effectively collaborates with nursing to prioritize care.
• Serves as a patient advocate.
• Assists with documentation that supports and meets hospital and regulatory requirements.
• Complies with personnel policies i.e. Attendance, ID badge, Dress Code, et. al.
• Maintains Unit Secretary skills.
• Communicates per department expectations.
QUALITY AND SAFETY:
• Assists in the identification of ineffective and costly processes and takes action to improve them.
• Participates in the process improvement activities within the department/hospital.
• Adheres to National Patient Safety Goals.
Why Texas Health
As a Texas Health Presbyterian Dallas Unit Secretary, you’ll enjoy top-notch benefits including 401(k) with match, paid time off, competitive health insurance choices, healthcare and dependent care spending account options, wellness programs to keep you and your family healthy, tuition reimbursement, a student loan repayment program and more.
At Texas Health, our people make this a great place to work every day. Our inclusive, supportive, people-first, excellence-driven culture make THR a great place to work.
Here are a few of our recent awards:
2021 FORTUNE Magazine’s “100 Best Companies to Work For®” (7th year in a row)
Becker's Healthcare "150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare" (4 years running)
“America’s Best Employers for Diversity” list by Forbes
A “100 Best Workplaces for Millennials" by Fortune and Great Place to Work®
Additional perks of being a Texas Health Resources employee
Gain a sense of accomplishment by contributing to a teamwork environment.
Positively impact patients’ quality of life.
Receive excellent mentorship, comprehensive training and dedicated clinical and administrative leadership resources.
Enjoy opportunities for growth.
Explore our Texas Health careers site for info like Benefits , Job Listings by Category , recent Awards we’ve won and more.
Do you still have questions or concerns?
Feel free to email your questions to email@example.com
Employment opportunities are only reflective of wholly owned Texas Health Resources entities.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employees or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.