Texas Health Resources Vascular/Cardiac Sono Reg, PRN in Dallas, Texas
Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital of Dallas is seeking a Registered Vascular Cardiac Sonographer to work PRN.
Variable PRN shifts with Weekend and on-call required.
H.S. Diploma or Equivalent required
Associate's Degree accredited school of
ultrasound technology preferred
1 year prior experience preferred
RCS - Registered Cardiac Sonographer upon hire
RVT - Registered Vascular Technologist upon hire
RVS - Registered Vascular Specialist upon hire
BCLS - Basic Cardiac Life Support upon hire
Skills and Abilities:
Perform vascular testing: Echo, TEE, Carotid/Arterial/Venous duplex studies. Good communication and excellent customer service.
Essential Functions/Job Duties:
Imaging Procedures, Quality and Processing
• Explains procedures to patient or guardian/family member if applicable prior to exam
• Positions patient to correct anatomical area of interest
• Performs complex procedures including age related criteria and developmental considerations.
• Adjusts techniques parameters appropriately for age related factor.
• Assists cardiologist with TEE procedures, Stress Echos, and other complex procedures using appropriate
• Vascular Testing: Carotid/Arterial/Venous Duplex Studies
• Maintains attention to details.
• Processes and manipulates images, analyzes image quality, troubleshoots, makes technique adjustments or repeat procedures as needed.
• Correctly maintains images on various electronic media, exports studies to physician reading station and maintains image data files.
• Coordinates with Centralized Scheduling, Cardiovascular Services, physicians and other modalities, doctor’s office and nurses.
• Recognizes normal and abnormal anatomy and physiology relevant to vascular exams.
• Vascular exams include cerebrovascular, transcranial, arterial and venous modalities.
• Demonstrates safe, proactive patient care skills.
• Demonstrates basic computer skills.
• Demonstrates proper utilization and upkeep of equipment
• Vascular/Echo skills: Produces quality vascular exams following department policies and procedures and ICAVL/ICAEL standards.
• Employs relevant guidelines set forth by SVU and SDMS, including scope of practice.
• Uses multidisciplinary, team oriented actions
• Assesses and recognizes the patient’s emotional, physical, developmental, cognitive and psychosocial conditions.
• Prepares room for examination (i.e., suction, oxygen, supplies).
• Checks physician orders and exam requisitions using time out procedures
• Greets and acknowledges patients using two forms of ID
• Obtains patient history
• Handles patients with IVs, oxygen, chest tubes or other devices and monitors patients during imaging
• Demonstrates knowledge of emergency drugs and equipment
• Uses proper body mechanics when assisting patients
• Processes patient information, displays proper phone etiquette and transports patients as needed.
Equipment Operation and Maintenance
• Adjusts technical factors
• Operates, cares for and maintains equipment
• Applies knowledge of physics and accessories
• Troubleshoots and properly documents equipment malfunction
• Maintains equipment and room to sanitary standards
• Stocks supplies
• Exchanges and maintains radiology film badges
• Demonstrates the knowledge and understanding of quality control and regulatory standards.
Professional Accountability and Partnership
• Maintains and enhances technical skills and technology advancement
• Attends departmental continuing education, meetings and checks email
• Identifies, troubleshoots and initiates quality improvement
• Manages time and re-prioritizes as necessary
• Performs assignments deemed necessary by supervisor.
Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital Dallas is an 898-bed, Magnet-designated hospital and recognized clinical program leader, having provided compassionate care to the residents of Dallas and surrounding communities since 1966. A full-service regional referral center, Texas Health Dallas has approximately 3,500 employees and 1,100 physicians on its medical staff, and offers a full range of services, including cancer care, cardiology, neurosciences, orthopedics, senior care, women's services and a renowned Level III neonatal intensive care unit. Texas Health Dallas has been recognized as a U.S. News and World Report Best Hospital in multiple specialties and is an accredited Cycle IV Chest Pain Center by the Society of Chest Pain Centers . The hospital is also a Bariatric Surgery Center of Excellence, a certified Emergency Stroke Care center and was named “Best Place to Have a Baby” in Dallas County in 2012.We invite you to join us in furthering your career and our accomplishments and philosophy of excellence.
Employment opportunities are only reflective of wholly owned Texas Health Resources entities.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employees or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.