Texas Health Resources Barista/Food Service Worker- Full Time- Evenings- Denton in Denton, Texas
Barista/Food Service Worker
Texas Health Denton
*40 hours, M-F 11:15a-7:45p with rotating weekends/holidays*
Are you looking for a fulfilling career with an award-winning healthcare system and top-notch benefits? We’re looking for a qualified Barista/Food Service Worker like you to join our Texas Health family.
Work location: Texas Health Denton 3000 N I-35 TX 76201
Work hours: Full Time (40 hours) Monday-Friday 11:15am-7:45pm rotating weekends/holidays
Salary range: $15.00 - $18.72 per hour (based on relevant experience)
At Texas Health Denton we take seriously our mission to improve the health of those in our community. We are a 255-bed, full-service hospital serving our community since 1987. Our central location provides convenient care to people in the DFW Metroplex and all across North Texas and Oklahoma. With more than 1,000 employees and 450+ physicians on our medical staff we are one of Denton County’s largest employers.
H.S. Diploma or Equivalent Preferred
6 Months as a cashier in a high-volume setting Required
FHC - Food Handlers Certificate 30 Days Required
In addition to the required qualifications, a successful Barista will
• Prepares beverages per established guidelines and has thorough product knowledge.
• Follows inventory stocking and recording guidelines.
• Takes responsibility to learn all aspects of the barista position.
• Assist in set-up and maintaining service areas and in a clean, neat, and orderly manner.
• Stock designated areas as needed.
• Secure area at the beginning and end of shift.
• Demonstrates cash handling skills to include correct charging for every item purchased; ensuring all items are included in charge; ability to handle and count money accurately in a high volume, rapid paced environment; and verify precise cash drawer amounts before and after meal periods.
• Computer skills required for operation of register and the production of register reports.
• Demonstrates customer skills, performs customer recovery, and resolves customer complaints/concerns/questions at point of service.
• Follow established standards for food safety and sanitation.
• Maintains food safety requirements according to HACCP and department standards in the performance of all duties.
• Records refrigerate temperatures in areas of responsibility and takes appropriate action if there are inadequate temperatures.
• Maintains clean and orderly work area, ensuring compliance with health department and facility requirements.
• Follows proper hand hygiene.
• Performs other job duties as assigned by Supervisor/Manager.
Why Texas Health
At Texas Health, our people make this a great place to work every day. Our inclusive, supportive, people-first, excellence-driven culture make THPG a great place to work.
Here are a few of our recent awards:
2021 FORTUNE Magazine’s “100 Best Companies to Work For®” (7th year in a row)
Becker's Healthcare "150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare" (4 years running)
“America’s Best Employers for Diversity” list by Forbes
A “100 Best Workplaces for Millennials" by Fortune and Great Place to Work®
Explore our Texas Health careers site for info like Benefits , Job Listings by Category , recent Awards we’ve won and more.
Do you still have questions or concerns? Feel free to email your questions to firstname.lastname@example.org .
Employment opportunities are only reflective of wholly owned Texas Health Resources entities.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employees or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.