Texas Health Resources Cardiovascular Certified Surgical Tech (CST) - Operating Room in Denton, Texas
*$8,000 Sign on bonus for eligible new hires*
Certified Surgical Tech (CST) – Texas Health Denton
Are you looking for a rewarding career with family-friendly hours and top-notch benefits? We’re looking for qualified Certified Surgical Techs like you to join our Texas Health family.
Work location: Texas Health Denton
Work environment: Cardio Vascular OR
Work hours: Full-Time, 40/hr/wk, working Monday-Friday 6:45a-3:15p with call required
At Texas Health Denton we take seriously our mission to improve the health of those in our community. We are a 255-bed, full-service hospital serving our community since 1987. Our central location provides convenient care to people in the DFW Metroplex and all across North Texas and Oklahoma. With more than 1,000 employees and 450+ physicians on our medical staff we are one of Denton County’s largest employers.If you’re looking for heart and vascular care, women’s services, orthopedics and sports medicine, we’ve got it. Plus we’re a Level III neonatal intensive care unit and provide pain management, emergency medicine, and bariatric surgery.And talk about award winning. Texas Health Denton is a Joint Commission-accredited Primary Stroke Center and Chest Pain Center and a Bariatric Surgery Center of Excellence. and a Pathways to Excellence-designated hospital. We are the only choice in Denton for oncology services, women and infants’ services, and much more. Lastly, Texas Health Denton’s new Center for Women is under construction. This new building will bring the latest in obstetric care to North Texas as well as a new breast imaging center, outpatient physical therapy, cardiac rehabilitation and a 10-bed expansion to our emergency department.As part of the Texas Health family, we employ over 24,000 employees and are among the areas top five largest employers. Come be a part of our exceptional team as we continue
• H.S. Diploma or Equivalent and was employed to practice surgical technology in a health care facility before September 1, 2009 OR Graduate of an accredited surgery technology program, Vocational Nurse Program, or graduate/completion of a military training program in surgical technology upon hire.
• Cardio Vascular Certified Surgical Tech Experience preferred.
• CST - Certified Surgical Technologist graduate of an accredited surgical tech program OR employed to practice surgical technology in a health care facility before September 1, 2009 OR CST - Certified Surgical Technologies graduate/completion of a military training program in surgical technology within 2 Years OR LVN - Licensed Vocational Nurse upon hire.
• BCLS - Basic Cardiac Life Support.
• Possesses organizational skills to function in a fast-paced environment, positive interpersonal skills, good verbal, and written communication skills, able to perform basic computer skills.
Position Responsibilities THHEB Certified Surgical Techs are responsible for assisting in 8 surgery suites and a hybrid IR suite. The service lines consist of General, Ortho, GYN, Plastics, Urology, Neuro, Vascular, and Cardiovascular. The da Vinci Si and Xi robot platforms are available for GYN, General, and Thoracic surgical cases. The operating room is undergoing a facelift remodeling project that will include incorporating Stryker lights, booms, and video integration.
In addition to the required qualifications, a successful CST will
• Assists in providing Peri-operative care for a patient population that includes Infants, Pediatrics, Adults, and Geriatrics.
• Preoperatively assists R.N. circulator in formulating plan of care.
• Assists as needed in coordinating patient care Peri-operatively and assumes responsibility and accountability for behavior to maintain standards for professional nursing practice.
• Post-operatively follows proper procedures for care of instruments, supplies and equipment. Under supervision, assists RN circulator with post-operative duties.
• Assists in the delivering of nursing care in a manner that minimizes the risk of transfer of infection and accidental contamination.
• Assists in delivering care in a manner which protects the patient from injury.
• Care is provided with an emphasis on continually improving quality, service and cost effectiveness.
• Demonstrates competence in assisting with the performance of age appropriate patient care that is specific to the unique physiological and anatomic aspects of life from the very young to the older.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
Why Texas Health As a Texas Health CST you’ll enjoy top-notch benefits including 401(k) with match, paid time off, competitive health insurance choices, healthcare and dependent care spending account options, wellness programs to keep you and your family healthy, tuition reimbursement, a student loan repayment program and more.
At Texas Health, our people make this a great place to work every day. Our inclusive, supportive, people-first, excellence-driven culture make THHEB a great place to work.
Here are a few of our recent awards:
2021 FORTUNE Magazine’s “100 Best Companies to Work For®” (7th year in a row)
Becker's Healthcare "150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare" (4 years running)
“America’s Best Employers for Diversity” list by Forbes
A “100 Best Workplaces for Millennials" by Fortune and Great Place to Work®
Additional perks of being a THHEB Certified Surgical Tech
Gain a sense of accomplishment by contributing in a teamwork environment
Positively impact patients’ quality of life
Receive excellent mentorship, comprehensive training and dedicated clinical leadership resources
Enjoy opportunities for growth
Explore our Texas Health careers site for info like Benefits , Job Listings by Category , recent Awards we’ve won and more.
Do you still have questions or concerns? Feel free to email your questions to email@example.com .
Employment opportunities are only reflective of wholly owned Texas Health Resources entities.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employees or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.