Texas Health Resources Food Service Worker II/Dishwasher-As Needed in Denton, Texas
Texas Health Denton seeks to hire a Food Service Worker II/Dishwasher to work As Needed and join the Food Nutrition Services Team!
The address is 3000 North I 35, Denton, TX 76201
Salary Range is Min. $13.00/hr to Max. $17.82/hr - Based on relevant experience.
• PRN- As Needed (This position does not include medical benefits)
• 11:15 AM – 7:45 PM
• Rotating Weekends and Holidays
• Serves food on the cafeteria and patient tray lines, utilizing good customer skills when serving patrons. Assembles, deliver and retrieve patient trays.
• Documents food delivery times and food tallies; performs other simple record keeping, i.e. temperature checks on equipment and food. Reports variances from standards to supervisor.
• Performs simple food assembly such as preparing salads, portioning and garnishing foods according to instruction.
• Cleans and sanitizes equipment, wares, walls, and floors routinely.
• Washes and sanitizes dishes, pots and pans as well as all cooking utensils and cooking equipment, according to department standards and procedures.
• Labels and dates foods according to HACCP standards.
• Ability to learn HACCP sanitation guidelines and follow for safe food handling.
• Knows and performs proper procedure for taking and recording temperatures of food items, both raw and cooked and refrigerated units.
• Demonstrates and performs procedures when temperatures are inadequate according to standards.
• Understands and utilizes the FIFO system of food production. Ability to follow/learn OSHA safety guidelines.
• Collects and delivers floor stock utilizing FIFO, delivers between meal nourishments and late trays according to departmental standards.
• Maintains assigned areas and equipment in a safe, clean, neat, and orderly manner to meet/exceed both department and TDH sanitation standards in both department sanitation and personal hygiene.
• Disposes of trash and garbage according to standards and procedures.
• Follows “clean as you go” as well as proper hand hygiene.
• Performs other job duties as assigned by Supervisor/Manager.
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications
• High School Diploma or Equivalent preferred
• One year of experience in a food service setting helpful
• FHC – Food Handlers Certificate within 30 days of hire required
• Reading, basic math, written language in English.
• Cooperative, discreet, and courteous.
• Good communication and organizational skills.
• Positive customer service attributes.
• Ability to work as a member of a team.
Why Texas Health Resources?
• Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital Denton is a 255-bed, full-service hospital that has served North Texas and southern Oklahoma since 1987. Hospital services include heart and vascular care, women’s services, a Level III neonatal intensive care unit, orthopedics and sports medicine, pain management, emergency medicine, and a weight loss surgery program. As one of the largest employers in Denton County, Texas Health Denton has more than 1,000 employees and more than 325 physicians on its medical staff practicing in more than 45 specialties. Located 45 miles northwest of downtown Dallas and 40 miles northeast of downtown Fort Worth, Texas Health Denton is an accredited Cycle IV Chest Pain Center by the Society of Chest Pain Centers, a Joint Commission accredited Primary Stroke Center and a Bariatric Surgery Center of Excellence. We invite you to join us in furthering your career and our accomplishments and philosophy of excellence.
Be sure to click on the links below for an introduction to THR Food Nutrition Services as well as what former and current employees are saying about THR!
Front of the House: https://youtu.be/YBua-rauWJQ
Back of the House : https://youtu.be/sP0zw_0du5I
For a complete list of Texas Health's Awards & Recognitions click on the link below.
Employment opportunities are only reflective of wholly owned Texas Health Resources entities.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employees or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.