Texas Health Resources Medical Assistant & Receptionist in Denton, Texas
Texas Health Resources is looking to hire a Medical Assistant/Receptionist to work at Texas Health Family Care in Denton, TX.
The address is 2617 Scripture, Suite 102, Denton, TX 76201
Salary range is Min: $12.76/hr to Max: $19.72/hr – based on relevant experience
• Monday - Friday 8:00am - 5:00pm
Under the direction of the health care provider, is responsible for the delivery of patient care that promotes the safety and well being of all patients. Responsible for the delivery of patient care through the nursing process of assessment, diagnosis, planning, implementation, and evaluation. Collaborates with other professional disciplines to ensure effective and efficient patient care delivery and the achievement of desired patient outcomes. Also is responsible for performing a variety of general administrative support duties associated with the patient intake process and performs routine duties within the clinic.
• Performs general patient care by following established standards and procedures.
• Greets and prepares patients for the health care provider.
• Obtains and records vital signs including, but not limited to: blood pressure, temperature, pulse, respiration, height, weight, drug allergies, and current medications and presenting problem.
• May be required to draw and collect blood samples from patients and prepare specimens for laboratory analysis, administer ordered medications and/or vaccines via oral, injection, topically, rectal, ophthalmic, and/or inhalant administration, and perform routine tests such as EKG’s.
• Documents patient plan(s) of care, tests and examination results in the medical record as directed by the provider.
• Schedules patients for diagnostic testing and follows up to ensure completion of testing.
• Communicates with patient regarding test results and plan of care by phone or mail as directed by physician.
• Prepares, cleans and sterilizes instruments and maintains equipment, disposing of contaminated items according to protocol. Keeps patient exam rooms stocked, clean and orderly.
• Escalates non-routine issues, questions and/or concerns to the practice manager or healthcare provider(s).
• Ensures safety checklists/quality controls are completed as required.
• Provides for patient safety and protection of patient privacy rights.
• Performs patient check-in at the time of visit and completes all paperwork necessary to ensure the admitting process is efficient and all clinic and regulatory policies are in compliance.
• Answers phone calls and directs them appropriately.
• Schedules appointments according to office guideline.
• Obtains accurate patient and insurance information, collecting copays and deductible amounts.
• Copies/scans patient access related hard copy materials (e.g. ID, referrals, insurance cards, etc.) into the correct location in the electronic medical record.
• Prepares charts for patient appointments making sure all necessary information is complete.
• Performs duties involving record filing and retrieval and assisting with the filing of registration documentation in electronic medical records.
• Conducts all functions associated with patient check-out including pricing services, collecting patient responsibility payments and scheduling follow-up appointments.
• Follows up with patients regarding the Missed Appointment Policy and sends out the appropriate communications.
• Confirms next day appointments and alerts patients as to what documentation is needed, including details associated with time-of-service payment.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications
• High School Diploma or Equivalent is required
• Graduate from an Accredited Medical Assistant Program within 30 days of hire is required
• 5 years of Medical Assistant experience in a physician's office in lieu of Medical Assistant Program is required
• New MA grads are welcome
• Bilingual in Spanish is strongly preferred
• ACLS or BLS is preferred
• NCT training may be required
• Ability to perform EKGs, draw blood, and administer injections as needed by assigned clinic.
• Ability to effectively communicate to staff and patients.
• Demonstrated knowledge of examination, diagnostic and treatment room procedures.
• Thorough knowledge of the meaning and use of medical terminology and abbreviations.
• Demonstrated sound judgment and composure with the ability to take appropriate action in questionable or emergency situations.
• Maintains a positive, caring attitude towards patients.
• Good computer skills using a medical management application.
• Possesses a strong work ethic and a high level of professionalism.
Why Texas Health Resources?
Texas Health Highlights
• 2018 FORTUNE Magazine’s “100 Best Companies to Work For®” (4 th year in a row)
• 2018 Becker's Healthcare "150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare" (4 th year in a row)
• 2018 Employees’ Choice “Best Places to Work” by Glassdoor
Employment opportunities are only reflective of wholly owned Texas Health Resources entities.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employees or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.