Texas Health Resources Patient Sitter - PRN; 7:00pm to 7:00am - Students Welcome - Denton in Denton, Texas
Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital Denton seeks to hire a Patient Sitter for PRN employment in the Sitters Department.
The address is 3000 N I-35, Denton, TX 76201.
Salary: min $13.00 – max $16.82, based on relevant work experience.
PRN; As needed (minimum 1 shift per week)
Night Shift; 7:00 pm – 7:00 am
Includes weekend and holiday requirements
Position requires a high degree of confidentiality, positive interpersonal skills, acceptable grooming practices and ability to function in a fast paced, changing environment.
• Stays in room, as appropriate, and watches patient at all times.
• Collects data on patient's activities/verbalization as requested and reports findings to nurse.
• Reports any unusual verbal or physical activities via call bell, emergency call bell, or Vocera.
• In collaboration/consultation with nurse, incorporates cultural/religious needs and beliefs into delivery of care.
• Takes action to protect patient rights and/or preferences.
• Participates in the process improvement activities within the department/hospital as requested.
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications:
• H.S. Diploma or Equivalent
• No experience required
• Previous hospital experience preferred
• High degree of confidentiality, patience and positive interpersonal skills.
WHY TEXAS HEALTH RESOURCES?
Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital Denton is a 255-bed, full-service hospital that has served North Texas and southern Oklahoma since 1987. Hospital services include heart and vascular care, women’s services, a Level III neonatal intensive care unit, orthopedics and sports medicine, pain management, emergency medicine, and a weight loss surgery program. As one of the largest employers in Denton County, Texas Health Denton has more than 1,000 employees and more than 325 physicians on its medical staff practicing in more than 45 specialties. Located 45 miles northwest of downtown Dallas and 40 miles northeast of downtown Fort Worth, Texas Health Denton is an accredited Cycle IV Chest Pain Center by the Society of Chest Pain Centers, a Joint Commission accredited Primary Stroke Center and a Bariatric Surgery Center of Excellence. We invite you to join us in furthering your career and our accomplishments and philosophy of excellence.
Texas Health Highlights
• 2020 FORTUNE Magazine’s “100 Best Companies to Work For®” (#1)
• Employees’ Choice “Best Places to Work” by Glassdoor
• A 2020 “Best Workplaces in Texas” by Fortune and Great Place to Work®
• 2020 "Top 100 Places to Work" by the Dallas Morning News
• Fortune Best Workplaces for Women™ 2020
• 2019 “20 Best Workplaces in Health Care and Biopharma” by Great Place to Work® and Fortune (ranked #1)
Employment opportunities are only reflective of wholly owned Texas Health Resources entities.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employees or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.